eight

prisoner of azkaban

scarlett & draco

Cedric and Scarlett walked into the rows of book shelves in the library looking for a table by themselves to share.

Scarlett scanned on the right and Cedric looking left, "Scar I found a table!" Cedric announced pulling Scarlett over to the empty table.

Scarlett felt uneasy that he just called her by the nickname Malfoy had given to her as a kid. She brushed the feeling off remembering that it's her name and it's literally the only nickname she could have.

"So where are we gonna begin, Diggory?" She wiggled her eyebrows, opening up her big potions book. Cedric was too focused on the girl sitting next to him.

He watched Scarlett's face as she flipped through the pages. Her cheeks were too perfectly rosy, her lips were too plump and kissable, and her stunning eyes that would look up at him briefly through her long dark lashes could put a man in a coma.

He found it hard to breathe around her. He knew she'd never be all to himself but he dreamed about the possibility. The way Malfoy looked at her and treated her, he knew that he'd always come second to Draco Malfoy.

"I'm thinking that we start looking at antidotes to common potions?" She asked and he nodded flipping open his own book.

Another thing was racing around Cedric's mind, "Did you hear about the Sirius Black sighting? The teachers seem so on edge." He remarked and she sighed.

"He won't get anywhere with the bloody dementors at every exit. They're the most foul creatures to ever exist. Just sucking the soul out of you." She muttered. Cedric started laughing and she gave him a confused head tilt.

The gears in her mind started to turn, "Cedric you are foul!" She shrieked, causing the other students in the library to shush her. The two started silently laughing putting their hands over their mouths to stop giggling.

The two worked quietly but still joked about anything they possibly could. She told him all about Pansy's outburst and sitting in her normal spot and he listened attentively.

***

"Well well, if it isn't everyone's favorite Hufflepuff?" A cold voice taunted from behind Scarlett. She whipped around and looked at Draco's cold gray eyes. They were glaring intensely on Cedric.

She rolled her eyes, "Don't you have anything better to do than bug us, Malfoy." She hissed at him and his eyes moved down to hers. His eyes softened at first and he sighed.

"Can we talk?" He asked and then looked at Cedric, "Just us."

She looked back at Cedric, "This will take five minutes. Just best friend stuff." She pleaded and Cedric just smiled.

Cedric stood up and so did she. Cedric was about the same height as Malfoy and the two were only separated by Scarlett. The tension in the small area was thick.

Cedric fake smiled brightly at Draco and then looked to Scarlett, "All good, Scar. I have some work I need to give to Snape. I'll see you in potions tomorrow." She smiled back and wrapped her arms around his waist quickly.

Draco was three seconds away from ripping Cedric's head off. He watched the way Cedric wrapped himself around her small frame. Cedric let her go and bumped into Draco's shoulder as he left.

Malfoy ripped around to choke Cedric but Scarlett grabbed his hand and he froze instantly. "Draco, calm down. You don't need to be so protective of me. I can hold my own. Cedric's not gonna hurt me." She sighed at him and he nodded, still holding her hand with a death grip.