thirty-five

scarlett archibald

I fucking hate Dolores Umbridge. I loathe that sorry excuse for a human more than anything.

And Draco?

Loves her. Thinks she's the greatest thing to walk the corridors of Hogwarts. He believes she's "finally making the school fair." Or whatever bullshit reply that is.

The woman hates me. She loathes my existence almost as mucho Voldemort. She hated my parents apparently, told me that the third time I was called into her office. The fourth time, she said my elitist attitude wouldn't fly around here anymore. Never had one lady, but thanks.

My hand had been throbbing for weeks now. I've cried to Harry countless times about Umbridge's cruel punishment tactics and successfully accomplished in keeping it all a secret from Draco.

Why am I keeping it a secret from Draco? Cause he's a fucking apart of her freaky little 'Inquisitorial Squad.' He's basically her right hand man. I know he'd never go against me on her behalf but, I decided a couple weeks ago to be apart of something better.

If the bitch doesn't want to teach us to defend ourselves against Voldemort, I was gonna be apart of Dumbledore's army. Harry initiated me and you should've seen everyone's faces when I walked into the room of requirement. I've never seen so many shocked faces since Draco helped up a first year Slytherin last week.

Anyway, keeping that a secret from Draco was eating me alive but I refused to betray my friends. I needed to protect him and everyone else, even if that meant keeping secrets of why I've been interrogated by Umbridge and disappearing at night.

***

"Would you like to go to the astronomy tower tonight. I got you something and I really wanna show you." Draco smiled down on me. I was plopped on the common room couch with Henry. Studying for our impossible O.W.L.S had taken up almost all my free time.

I swallowed the dryness in my throat and gave him my most innocent look, "I can't tonight. But tomorrow?" I blinked extra times for lasting affects.

His handsome face darkened. His eyes went smokey. His sharp cheekbones set into a tense frown. He stalked off away from me, faster than I've ever seen him.

"Draco!" I called after him, throwing my books down on my seat, running after him.

He slammed his door in my face and I instantly rolled my eyes. Seriously, Draco? Very mature.

I turned the brass handle and swung the door open, shutting it behind me.

He sat on his bed, staring at his shoes. His eyes wouldn't meet mine. Draco's shoulder were slumped and he sucked his cheekbones in at my presence.

"What's going on with you, Scarlett?" He muttered quietly.

I chewed on my bottom lip and frowned. I moved closer to him and watched him physically tense when I tangled my fingers through his soft hair.

I sighed, "Nothing, Draco. I can meet tonight. I'll just tell the trio that I can't meet up."

He swatted my hand off of him and stood up. He looked down at me with cold eyes and stared at me...hard.

"Lying isn't becoming of you," He spit harshly at me, "When you're ready to be honest with me about your recent late night escapades, you know where to find me." He shoved past me, leaving me alone in his room.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. My scar began to burn and the familiar voice of Voldemort rang through my brain like it had been every night in my haunting nightmares. More lies I kept from Draco, to keep him from worrying. I wanted to keep him as far away from this shit as possible.