twenty-two

scarlett archibald

quidditch world cup

"George put me down! I want to see everything!" I yelped as George swung me over his shoulder as if I weighed as much as a feather.

His bubbly laugh echoed in my ears as I smacked his back profusely.

"You weigh as much as a stick. I thought we would've fattened you up with all of our cooking." He teased. I smiled and rolled my eyes. My body thumped with every step he took.

I was currently staring down at the pristine green grass beneath us. The noise around us became riveting. You could feel the energy and I wanted to see what everyone was seeing.

Finally, George put me down and I punched him in the arm. He grabbed his arm pretending like my weak punch genuinely hurt him.

I spun around and my mouth dropped in awe. Harry came up next to me, his expression matching mine.

There were thousand and thousands of tents everywhere, of all different colors. People swarming around. My backpack of my belongings suddenly felt heavy and I wanted to drop it and run through the crowds of people.

"Brilliant!" Harry gawked and I nodded quickly in agreement.

We quickly chased down the Weasleys, Hermione, Cedric, and his father up the green hill.

Hermione was able to come last minute much to all of our excitement. Ron's especially.

"Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!" Mr Weasley shouted over the music and noise of the crowds.

There were performers everywhere and people on insanely large stilts, towering over everyone. The energy it was...electrifying.

"Keep up, girls!" The boys shouted as Ginny, Hermione and I all followed behind, we were too caught up in everything around us. Massive smiles spread across all of our faces.

Faces were painted all different colors and flags waving around.

Cedric's father and Mr Weasley's shook hands and began to part. I assumed they were going their own way.

"Scar!" Cedric's warm voice shouted as he jogged up to me. I smiled up at him.

"It's lovely to see you. I've missed you." I said sheepishly. Cedric and I hadn't spoken much since school much to me not wanting to upset Draco when I saw him again.

Cedric gave me a grin, "I've missed you more. Enjoy the world cup and tell me all about it when I see you." I nodded and hugged him quickly, pressing my head against his stomach.

We followed the family into a tent which looked tiny from the outside but opened into an entire home, practically.

We all raced to our rooms and I was sharing a bed with Hermione and Ginny with a bed to herself.

"Ron get out of the kitchen! We're all hungry!" Mr Weasley shouted at Ron who made a beeline to the assortment of foods in the makeshift kitchen.

"Yeah get out of the kitchen, Ron!" Fred and George mocked in unison.

"Feet off the table!" Mr Weasley scolded the boys who kicked their feet up on the large oak table.

I chuckled at the twins. Harry was looking around with his mouth opened like before, taking in everything.