twelve

scarlett

prisoner of azkaban

Cedric had taken me to Hogsmeade on Saturday to buy gifts for everyone for Christmas. The snow was officially falling everyday and it began to feel like winter.

There was caroling and butter beer galore. Everyone was wearing their winter clothes and I chose to wear Draco's jumper.

I don't know why I picked it out to wear. It's not like anyone could know it was his besides it being abnormally large on me. I put on black jeans to attempt to match his Slytherin green sweater.

My black boots kept my feet amazingly warm as we trudged through the snow to get to a small gift store. Cedric and I brought along the trio and we all split up. The boys of course paired off to go probably throw snowballs at innocent first years but Hermione and I chose to stick to the plan.

We walked into the warm cozy store and were greeted by the smell of warm cider and sugar cookies. I smiled at all the trinkets and books. Anything imaginable was in here.

I dragged my finger along the shelves until I reached a small black velvet box.

"That'll cost you." A shrill voice broke my silence causing me to jump. I looked up at the voice and saw a 6'0 lady standing behind the counter, surely the owner.

I smiled sheepishly, "Well, what is it?" I asked, twiddling the little box in my hand.

"It's anything you want it to be." She simply replied and I raised an eyebrow.

I opened the box and it was a silver ring. Nothing written on it, just a medium silver band.

"A ring? Who's the boy?" She snickered and I rolled my eyes. I put the ring on my finger but it was much too large to fit me. I huffed.

"So it's a ring? It's not anything I want it to be." I hissed and she chuckled.

She held her hand out for me to give it to her and a light green mist enveloped the ring.

Magically, it shifted into something peculiar.

"A muggle book?" I asked. She look at it sadly before handing the book to me.

Romeo and Juliet.

I opened the pages but the bright green mist concealed it again, reverting back to the silver ring.

"Here's a tip, look at what's engraved on it and inside of it." She sang before walking over to Hermione who was investigating the book shelf.

I brought the ring closer and watched as the shape of a snake carved itself into the ring, wrapped around. And the inside had letters inside. And a constellation. The Draco constellation. I think?

 I think?