eighteen

prisoner of azkaban

"He called you a mudblood? AGAIN?" Scarlett groaned loudly enough for the entire library to hear. Hermione nodded and Harry paced around, all angry. Ron just ate a sandwich he smuggled in.

Scarlett mumbled cuss words under her breath, "He's such an ass. One minute he's lovely to me and then next he treats me like utter shit. I'm getting whiplash." She muttered gritting her white teeth together while scratching down the potions homework.

"I'm sorry Scar, but how do you put up with him. He's vile!" Ron whined, taking another bite of his sandwich. Scarlett shrugged in response.

"I've known him all my life, guys. He's always treated me well." She mumbled. She was feeling almost doubtful of her own words after he failed to do the one thing she asked him of.

Harry came and sat down on a seat next to Scarlett and wrapped an arm over her small shoulder. It felt friendly to her but, Harry did truly have feelings for Scarlett since first year probably, but he was starting to really like Ginny Weasley.

"Well I gotta go," She sighed and Harry dropped his arm, "Blaise invited me to some god awful party in Slytherin. I would invite you but-" She giggled and they all shot her a look of pure disgust.

"Oh fuck you guys! I'm a Slytherin too!" She chuckled, storming away as they all laughed at her.

She walked down the hallway, looking for a hufflepuff girl from her divination class she knew was coming. Everyone walking past her shot her a weary glance. Her social status and being from Slytherin wasn't really in her favor for being lowkey.

"What brings you around these parts, Archibald." Cedric's sweet voice rang from behind her. She felt a huge smile spread across her face. She practically leapt into his arms.

They hadn't spoken much after Draco's full blown outburst and their fight.

He squeezed her shoulder and they started walking to the hufflepuff common room, "I'm looking for Sophia. She's coming tonight," She started and then she halted and reached up to grab his shoulders.

Damn he's tall, she thought. Not as tall as Draco.

His eyes twinkled with amusement, "Yes?" He chuckled.

She smiled, "Come with me tonight! To the party!" She chirped and he gave a sheepish smile, rubbing his neck.

"I don't know, Scar. Draco and I just don't..yknow" She put her small finger against his lips and he felt his breath hitch.

"You're coming tonight, my guest." She smirked playfully and he cocked an eyebrow.

His smile matched hers, "And how will your boyfriend feel about this?" He mused and she rolled her eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend. In fact, I don't even know if he's my friend right now." She whispered the last part but quickly flashed him a bright smile.

He leaned his tall frame down to her height and pushed her dark hair behind her ear. His face inched closer and his whispered softly, "See you tonight, darling." The butterflies in her system fluttered lightly as she watched him waltz away, every girls eyes on him like he was a celebrity.

Scarlett sighed and smiled to herself. Cedric was a good guy, she repeated in her head about a thousand times.

****

The room of requirement wasn't easy to find, in fact not many had been able to find it.

However, since Scarlett's first year, she was able to enter quite easily. She always had a need to sing or study somewhere where no one could find her. Being quite shy of singing in front of others, the room of requirement was sort her sanctuary.