twenty-four

scarlett
welcome back to hogwarts

I've felt..off ever since I witnessed the dark mark appear in the sky. I'm jumpy as hell, uneasy and my scar bloody hurts like hell. I've had nightmares ever since but no longer about my parents dying, but of a hooded figure speaking to me in Parseltongue.

Draco has quietly sat with me on the couch countless nights and read me my favorite Jane Austen novel. It was simple but very kind. Especially when Draco had been acting like a menace to the trio. The amount of times i've screamed at him for calling Hermione a mudblood to which he brushes off and calls me 'sensitive scarlett' or my least favorite, 'Blood traitor.'

***
I do my best to hide my excitement at the fact that new students were coming to Hogwarts for some random reason.

"I hope they're hot." Henry sighed, sipping pumpkin juice at the jam packed Slytherin dining table in the great hall.

No seat was empty as this was our welcome back feast and there was much gossip of a surprise coming. Apparently everyone had seen a horse drawn carriage flying down onto our grounds this morning. A giant ship as well.

The buzz was all over and everyone was whispering in anticipation. Me? I was staring at my cup of tea with a blank expression. I could feel Draco staring at me but right now I didn't care.

"I would like to make an announcement!" Dumbledore announced quite loudly over the chatter. My head turned up to him and I felt Draco tap me.

I turned to him and gulped. His gray eyes were filled with concern and I could tell he was nervous about something, I just couldn't really tell what.

His hair was perfectly messy and looked whiter than last year. His adam's apple bobbed as his eyes scanned my face, making my palms clammy.

"Yes?" I whispered as Dumbledore began a speech about somewhere called Durmstrang and a French school or something. It sounded like the one my cousin goes to but I wasn't listening.

Draco scratched the back of his head, "Do you hate me?" He asked quietly and I fought back a laugh.

"Hate you?" I repeated. He slowly nodded.

"You're not speaking much to me." He explained.

I shrugged, "I'm not talking much to anyone, Draco. I also don't appreciate the way you speak to my friends," I scolded, "But, I'm fine, I just need a little time to think about everything that happened at the quidditch world cup." He bit the inside of his cheek and nodded, his eyes lacked trust. He didn't really buy the shit I was spewing to him.

He twirled my ring I gave him on his finger and focused back on Dumbledore.

The great hall doors opened quietly and Filch came trotting out the front of the hall. I put my hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh, along with the rest of Slytherin table. Even Draco.

"That man is fucking odd." Blaise laughed and we all nodded. Filch moves in such an absurd way, like he's hopping.

Henry crinkled his nose, "He told me I had my fathers good looks but my father hadn't gone to Hogwarts, he went to Durmstrang." He shook his head laughing and we all fought back our laughter bubbling.

Filch and Dumbledore whispered hastily to each other before he trotted back out.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event!" He proclaimed, "The Triwizard Tournament!"

The chatter began to rise and I made eye contact with Harry who just shrugged.

"Brilliant! Finally i'll be able to show off my bad ass wizardry skills." Henry smirked as our table chatted about the event.