L|G 1

I GROAN INTERNALLY at Safiya's persistence looking for something to occupy myself with

I GROAN INTERNALLY at Safiya's persistence looking for something to occupy myself with. I have been sitting on the same spot for over thirty minutes and she's just repeating what she said.

"I don't know how you want me to understand you when you're not making any sense." I let out picking up my phone scrolling through it.

"Maybe because you were using your phone when I was talking." She says snatching my phone from me not bothering to look at the screen.

"First, it has been an hour plus of you talking about whatever you're talking about and I'm sure people are worried about me. Second, give me back my phone." I said snatching back my phone as she mean mugged me from the other side of the room.

"Sumayya, we have known each other for our whole lives so I might even know you more than yourself. I know when you're trying to avoid a conversation. You are a book." She says making me smack my lips.

"I am not going to stand here trying to advice you while you're acting like this, and Hameed will be here in an hour or so. If you come back to your senses, I'll be there to tell you." She says grabbing her phone leaving me sitting on the grey couch of the similar colored living room.

I huffed sitting back crossing my arms over my chest. If you're wondering, Safiyya is my twin sister and we were both twenty six. We rarely argued and whenever we did argue, she was usually right and that irritated me everytime.

Hameed is my sister's fiancé who she's planning to get married to by the end of the year. My parents are planning to get us married on the same day because they say it isn't right to seperate twins. I am not really against the whole thing nor is it that I don't have a suitor but I have been really considering breaking up with him.

He keeps asking me when he's going to come ask for my hand in marriage and I keep procrastinating every time asked.

This is what our conversation about but I didn't really want to talk about it which resulted to the argument. The reason I didn't want to talk about it was because the situation has been really taking a toll on me. My thoughts were interrupted with my phone ringing. I picked it up checking the caller ID to see Khalil calling me as I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"I'm busy right now Khalil. Call me back another time."

"Are you already at home?"

"Yes it's been a busy day here"

"Perfect." He sighs. "I'm outside."

"...."

He ended the call before I could reply making me sigh looking down at my phone before walking towards my closet staring at my reflection in the mirror. I looked presentable and I wasn't in the mood to see anyone so I slipped on my slides waking down the stairs and out of the house.