L|G 7

PEOPLE CALL IT BEING LAZY, I CALL IT RESTING

PEOPLE CALL IT BEING LAZY, I CALL IT RESTING. The only perk of my marriage was I was given a whole month off to organize myself and I could say I was a happy woman hearing the news. So sundays were the only day Ibrahim stayed home although. Sometimes.

I wasn't someone to stay idle so I developed se habits in time. Every Sunday I took time to tend to my garden that was growing pretty well. Under normal circumstances, I was supposed to be outside trimming my prized possessions but my plan derailed after weeks of perfection.

I was going back to work tomorrow and I could only say one thing. I was definitely not looking forward it. But I had no choice but to. So there I was, ravaging an apple on an empty stomach although there were leftovers of breakfast I made for Ibrahim before going to the gym, but I was in no mood for it.

It has been four months since we got married and things were steady between us, agreeing we would take our time. And I was happy with that agreement. He was someone I could depend on after the small amount of time I've spent with him. I found myself growing attached.

My thought were interrupted when Ibrahim came into view, his face drenched with sweat as he dropped his gym bag in the floor, walking to the kitchen where I was leaning on the counter. He retrieved a bottle gulping it down and I couldn't help but stare at him, the apple slack against my hand and I was suddenly in the mood for something else.

He turned to me finding me already ogling him making a smirk crawl it's way onto his face as I averted my gaze, my cheeks flushing in embarrassment. He laughed at that not bothering to say anything as he approached me, sitting on one of the stools opposite of me.

"I heard you're resuming tomorrow." His dark orbs raised to meet mine.

"Yeah. I've been making preparations." I breathed out darting my eyes to the cool marble island under me.

"Self employed?" He raised his brows and I nodded tucking my lips in to hide my smile when an expression washed over his face obviously impressed.

"I wish." I chuckled rolling my eyes at the absurdity.

"Do you have a passion for it though?" He asked randomly making me furrow my brows staring at the counter, the thoughts swirling my mind.

"I never had a problem doing it. But it became apart of me when I started practicing it. It's just that it can get quite tiring." I confessed massaging my temples. "And you don't know if you're defending the real criminals sometimes. It weighs down on me sometimes." I added raising my eyes to meet his.

"You do what you think is best. Even if they're showing you they're something they're not, that's their problem." He shrugged earning a nod from me as I fiddled with my fingers. My lips parted ready for the words to spill out when the doorbell rang earning both our attention.