L|G 4

            I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING. My knees were pulled to my chest as I sat on the neat bed, my eyes darting between my feet to the window noticing it was starting to get dark.

My heard palpitated in my chest as I reached for my phone coming across the numerous missed calls from my sister. I was quick to call her back placing the phone to my ear.

"You scared me. You weren't picking up." I could hear the relieved sigh escaping her lips as she shouted into the phone. I jerked my head back wincing from her volume letting out a chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I just needed some time to process everything." I mumbled into the phone running my hand over one of my toes I accidentally hit the dustbin with on my way in.

"I honestly thought mama was joking when she told me. I was speechless and hurt. I wasn't there to support you." She complained. "Where are you right now?" She added.

"In my room." I mumbled darting my eyes to the dresser beside me noticing a paper bag resting on it. I furrowed my brows running a hand down my face tiredly.

"That's the best option. Has he said anything to you at all?" Safiyya questioned causing me to remember the brief conversation we had earlier.

"We did talk about how it would be, and we just decided to do what we want to do. Something like that." I mumbled scratching my eye.

"Have you eaten?" Safiyya asked me making me furrow my eyebrows before letting out a laugh.

"How could I?" I wheezed hearing Safiyya scoff on the other line.

"I'll order for you. Wait, you don't even know your address how can I order?" She said and I facepalmed at the fact that she didn't even think about that.

"How did I manage to take the whole brain." I mumbled as she screeched shouting into the phone making me laugh.

"What did you say!" She cried out dramatically.

"I don't think I'll be able to eat. Anyway I need to go get some water. I'll call you back." I said ending the call, looking down at my outfit which was a thin strapped silk nightgown that was under my knees. I quickly snatched the robe off the hanger throwing it on.

I pulled on my robe, making sure to tie the bands tightly incase he wanted to make a move. I silently sneaked down the stairs hoping he wasn't there. I switch on the lights to the living room finding it empty. I sighed in relief not bothering to switch on the lights of the kitchen considering it was already on.

I walked to the fridge to get some water but jumped when I heard slight movement beside the fridge. I slammed the door shut coming to face with my beloved husband. He was holding a mug in one hand and the other resting in his pocket.