L|G 15

Thank you for the support girlwithwonder and other more. I really appreciate it.

IT BECAME A TRADITION

IT BECAME A TRADITION. Now I never made friends except for our little clique since university with Munira and them, but after a few hours of cases we found ourselves frequenting the restaurant and as a trio.

Now I still had my reservations on Halima but Frida made it easy to overlook that and just live in the moment. I had no idea what she thought of me or the feelings she harbors toward me, not that I cared. We weren't friends or anything like that, we shared a cup of coffee together and as soon as we exited that cafe, we were just assigned to work on a case together.

I kept my promise to Farida and asked Ibrahim about her some days later, hoping I would get something at least so I could use it against her somehow. From the way she was preparing my mind, I had an idea she was wild when she was younger and I wanted to know just how bad it was.

"Farida?" Ibrahim raised his brows. "What's her last name?" He asked and I tucked my lips in my mouth, dawning on me that I couldn't remember her last name.

"You see — I don't know that." I let out a breath as a laugh, scratching my head.

"The Farida I knew doesn't match your description. Maybe she was a junior." He tilted his head to the side.

"She knew your full name. It seemed like she knew you." I assured.

He looked down in thought before raising his eyes to meet mine. "Now if we're taking about the same person, I don't know how that's even possible." He mused.

"I think I have a picture of us together." I snapped my fingers. "Where's my phone?" I furrowed my brows looking around the neat living room, my phone not in sight.

I glanced at Ibrahim confused my only to find him holding my phone with his middle finger and forefinger. I offered him a guilty smile and he only shook his head in response handing me the phone.

I pulled up a picture we took at the usual cafe when Halima went to the restroom. It was a funny story as she said she wanted a picture of the both of us and took advantage of the situation to take the picture.

"That's her." I handed him my phone and he studied the picture for a few seconds before he turned to me, a look of disbelief painted on his face.

"It is her. How did she even pass the bar exam. I wonder." He chuckled passing the phone back to me.

"I'm guessing she was wild when she was younger." I mused.

"That girl was more than wild."

"Any stories you can share?"

"That's if I can remember. It's been quite sometime. I forgot about her completely."