Chapter 8

A/N: I could not spell raisin. I was laughing and crying so much. I am a senior in high school who can not spell raisin. I worked my ass off for this chapter. Raisin. Day 4 of being productive and actually uploading and shit.

I woke up the next morning at around 7 AM. I guess Mark doesn't have curtains in his room, so the sun invited itself in with ease.

I turned around and buried my face into the pillow. It smells less like him now, but still a little. His bed was warm and a lot more comfortable than mine, especially now that it's time for me to wake up. Not that I'd ever have the chance to, but I could definitely get used to this.

After a little while of just taking in everything that happened last night and just taking a minute to enjoy the feeling of waking up in a place that I'll never be again, I got up and went downstairs.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hi!" A voice responded. It wasn't Mark. I was a little afraid, but followed the voice into the kitchen. There was a man with long black hair sitting at the table on his phone eating cereal.

"You must be Mark's friend," he said in a questioning tone.

Without even thinking, I nodded and smiled. "And you are?" I asked politely.

"Thomas,", the man said, reaching out a hand to shake. "I'm Mark's brother."

I nodded, shaking his hand.

"Could I have some water?" I asked sheepishly. I wasn't even really thirsty, but it was the only thing I could think to say in the awkward silence that fell upon us.

So as it turns out, Tom is pretty fuckin cool. He doesn't seem very similar to Mark, but he's a funny guy and he seems nice.

As he and I were talking, we heard the front door open and in came Chica, wagging her tail and sniffing me happily with a sweaty Mark following closely behind. Wow. His shoulder length hair was pulled into a 'man bun,' but all it really was was a small half up pony tail, leaving most of his hair down. He'd never worn it to school like that before. It suit him really well. He was wearing a tightly fitted t shirt and basketball shorts and he looked hotter than ever.

"Hey Ethan," he greeted, walking over to the fridge and grabbing himself a bottle of water. I just watched him out of the corner of my eye as he drank and filled up Chica's water bowl.

I mumbled an awkward "hello" and folded my hands in my lap.

"You hungry?" Mark asked with a charming smile, pulling out some raisin bran and lucky charms. I just smiled and pointed towards the lucky charms like a child. Of course I'd choose that one. Who wouldn't? I'll tell you who. Mark.

He got two bowls and filled them each with the different cereal. He gave mine to me after filling it with too much milk, but who was I to complain?

I thanked him and scooped spoonfuls of carbs into my mouth.

"Alright I'll be upstairs," Thomas said. I really didn't want him to leave. No matter what direction this goes in, it isn't going to go well.

We waited until we heard Thomas walk up the stairs and the bedroom door close.

"So why couldn't your parents pick you up last night?" Mark inquired while taking a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"They're away right now. I have the house to myself for a few weeks, but they have the car" I explained. He nodded in response with a concentrated expression on his face.

"I won't be able to drive you home until tomorrow," Mark trailed off. "Is that okay?"

Without really having any other choice, I just nodded and continued to eat my lucky charms. I'd offer to bike home, my ankle feeling much better now, but Mark and I later realized that amidst the arguing and slight trauma that we'd experienced last night, we'd completely forgotten about my bike.

"Hey Mark?" I asked after a while. He responded with a hum. "How were you so calm last night? You had a gun to your head?"

Mark seemed to think about it for a minute, playing with the handle of his spoon.

"Death is inevitable," he concluded. "There's nothing to fear. It's gonna happen to everyone. Momento mori, ya know?"

No. I absolutely did not know what he is talking about at all. I have heard the expression before, somehow.

A weird chill of déjà vu sent through my body and the answer to my question of where id heard it was on the tip of my tongue, but gone too soon. Maybe in an alternate universe it meant something to me. Who knows?

So not only is Mr.Perfect a hot athlete with good grades and tons of friends and cute quirks like his taste in music, but he's also a deep thinker. Great.

"I really like that," I admitted, looking into his eyes for the first time since our argument. I looked down quickly after, but I felt him continue to stare.

"I'm not gonna hurt you anymore," Mark said. It took me by surprise. I looked up at him in confusion. "I'm serious. I mean it. I promise."

I nodded yet again, accepting his decision, but it didn't sit right with me. "Well why did you ever in the first place?" I asked, itching to know.

Mark just leaned back in his chair, stared at the patterns in the wooden table, and thought for a moment.

"It's too complicated to explain," he said. I began to spoke again, but decided that it was best to drop it for now.

I stood up and walked over to his kitchen sink, making sure he had a garbage disposal before pouring my soggy cereal down the drain and beginning to rinse my bowl.

"Well I'd appreciate it," I said with a small chuckle.

As soon as I'd finished my sentence, Mark was standing behind me, his arm wrapped around and took the bowl from my hands, washing it himself and putting it in the dishwasher.

Every time he's close to me it feels as if I can't breathe. I'm beginning to trust him, yet there's still an overwhelming feeling of unease. Partially due to our past, and partially due to my feelings for him.

I stepped aside and let him do his thing, only now noticing the veins in his arms.

"So like, tell me if I'm crossing a line," he said. Oh god. What is he about to ask me? My heart stopped beating for a second.

"But are you and Riley like, a thing?" Oh. I laughed a little bit internally, but couldn't keep it contained for long.

"Mark," I laughed. "I'm gay."

Mark's mouth dropped open in shock and his eyes widened, but we were both laughing by now. He locked his arms, propping himself up on the counter and leaning into them.

"You are?" He asked, seeming genuinely surprised.

"Mark!" I exclaimed in a high pitched baby voice, still laughing. "You remind me every time I see you that I'm gay."

Oh God... that came out wrong.

A/N: 1210 woddsnhehehehe
I wanted to leave you on a cliff hanger for once :)