Chapter Eleven

My parents had a really hard time trying to understand what Fred was saying, and in the end it did take a quick trip in Flying Ford Angelia to get them to fully comprehend the severity of the situation we were in. However, they agreed to let me visit the school after numerous meetings with Fred, who was relaying messages with more information from a man called Albus Dumbledore.

Fred also informed me that my situation wasn't exactly... normal. And that to most people, being muggle-born was something easily looked over, but to some it was unacceptable. He warned me of a kid named Draco Malfoy, who apparently was a little shit. He'd bullied Fred's brother, Ron's, best friend Hermione for having muggle parents. He called her a 'mudblood' which meant dirty blood, not pure. A rather horrific way to treat someone on something they can't exactly help, to be honest.

Regardless, on this crisp, cold, Friday morning, I went with Fred to Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, which we argued about on the way there as I told him it doesn't exist, but I've learned to just keep my mouth shut on things like this.

We boarded the train, which was literally only us and a few stray passengers, and sat for the long, yet beautiful and peaceful train ride. Fred told me all sorts of stories and trouble he got into at Hogwarts, and how I would surely love it there. I couldn't help but smile at how fondly he spoke of his twin brother, George, and how he couldn't wait for me to meet him. "He's like me, only I'm better." He'd say, though I doubted that based off how highly he'd speak of him.

The second we arrived, Fred was quick to pull me off and the second my eyes beheld the breathtaking castle in front of me, I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging; of home.

"Well, off we go then. Professor Dumbledore is really eager to meet you," Fred said, yanking me along with him. "I reckon he'll have someone give you a tour."

"You'll stay with me though, right? Like I won't be alone?" I asked, feeling a little small and nervous amongst my new surroundings.

"Of course, darling. Don't worry!" He chirped, taking my hand in his, leading us through the corridors.

He lead me through numerous sections of the huge building, telling me small stories of things he'd done or seen in the rooms we past. He told me we were headed to meet Professor Dumbledore in his office, and that he was really nice and how I didn't need to worry about impressing him because our story alone had already impressed him enough, and he was super eager to meet me.

We knocked on the doors to where he was presumed to be inside, and when we were given the ok, we walked in.

"Ah, Lola Lockins! How wonderful to finally meet," he said, taking my hand in his and giving it a small shake. "I've never heard of something like this, in all my years of teaching, not one."

I offered a side smile. "Well, at least we're all on the same page."

He laughed deeply, "So, if you'd like, we could get you enrolled for this year at Hogwarts as soon as Monday. We've never had an exchange student, so this is kind of a big deal. We'd also have to get you sorted into your house, and set into a dorm. And, also a tour of the school so that if you do decide you'd want to go, you aren't going into it blind," Professor Dumbledore spoke. "I'm sure we could set up a tour in no more than 20 minutes."

I nodded slowly, looking over to Fred for reassurance, who smiled at me softly and squeezed my hand, as if to tell me no matter what I said, everything would be okay. "Yeah, I'd love a tour."

They both smiled, and the professor had us wait outside on one of the benches so he could gather one of the teachers. He contemplated just having Fred do it, but he wanted to make sure nothing was missed.