Chapter Twenty-Three

I woke up in the spare bedroom, freezing a few hours later. I wasn't sure what time it was, but it definitely wasn't any later than three in the morning, as the sun hadn't even yet risen yet. I was still tired, so I slowly and silently picked up my feet and headed into Fred's room, where I saw him laying in a bed next to George's.

I tapped him on his shoulder and he stirred, "Mm? Lola?" He whispered groggily.

"Yeah, it's me." I said, pushing him slightly and crawling under the covers.

He lazily wrapped his arm around me, and pulled me close. "Are you alright? You're freezing." He asked, his eyes still closed.

"Yeah I'm okay, I was just cold," I whispered, snuggling into his chest, then placing a kiss on his clothed shoulder. "Sorry for waking you."

"No, I'm glad you came in here," He said, planting a kiss on my head. "Night, Lo."

"Night Fred."

We woke up at around nine a few hours later, everyone else was already up except for Ron and Harry, so at least we weren't the last ones. I headed back into my room to quickly get dressed for the day, which was just straight cut black jeans, my old oversized Woodstock shirt, and my red converse. I headed downstairs before Fred, and greeted Molly with a smile as she finished cooking breakfast.

"Good morning everyone." I said, taking a seat at the table next to Arthur. They all said it back at nearly the same time and I smiled.

"Woodstock? What's that?" Arthur asked, moving his glasses down so that he could see it better.

"Oh, it was a music festival in 1969, a ton of bands and singers would play, it's like a huge concert that lasts a whole weekend. Three days of peace and music," I said, taking a sip of the coffee I'd poured while talking. "I brought my old MP3 player in my bag, I could show you some songs later if you'd like? I can play a few too."

He nodded. "How interesting, that would be amazing Lola, thank you!"

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly and uneventfully, mainly Hermione and me watching Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, and Ron play Quidditch in their yard. I had tried to play it a few months back, but epically failed and humiliated myself in front of Fred, George, and their friend Oliver Wood.

When the day came winding down, Molly and Arthur went to bed and the rest of us decided to have a little bonfire and just sit and chat.

"Lola, why don't you play us a song?" Hermione suggested as we all stared at the fire.

I nodded slowly, before excusing myself to get my guitar from my room, then came back outside and sat down.

"Um... okay," I mumbled, a little nervous now that I was actually here about to play a song in front of them. "I'm really not much of a singer so, just a heads up." I began strumming the acoustic chords to And I Love Her by The Beatles.

"I give her all my love, that's all I do..."

Once I finished, they all clapped for me which made me blush like mad.

"If that is the voice of someone who isn't much of a singer, I don't ever want to open my mouth." Ron said.

I laughed. "Oh, stop. You should hear the original, the Beatles are one of my favorites."

"What else do you know?" George asked, and I thought for a moment.

"Okay, George Harrison, David Gray, or Pearl Jam?" I asked.

"Well George, of course." He said.

"Okay—My Sweet Lord, Got My Mind Set On You, or All Things Must Pass?" I asked.

"Mm... that last one."

"So, George is one of the members of the Beatles, and my favorite might I add... and this is also my favorite song by him so, good choice," I said, beginning to strum. "The song's a little harder because it's mainly piano, but..." I shrugged.

I played it all the way through and they clapped again, which made me laugh. After numerous more songs, we decided it was probably time for bed as everyone was yawning. We put out the fire, and said our good nights.

I headed into my room and put my guitar back in its case then changed into my pajamas, when I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," I said, folding up my clothes and setting them in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe for my dirty clothes.

"Need a sleeping buddy tonight?" I heard Fred ask.

I turned around, smiling. "I think I'd die without one."

He came up to me and kissed me, then crawled under the covers of my bed, which I followed.

"Wait, before we go to bed can you play me a song?" He asked, a tired smile on his face. "Your favorite one."

I nodded, grabbing my guitar back out, beginning to strum Beautiful Boy by John Lennon.

"Close your eyes, have no fear..." I began, looking into his eyes as I'd memorized the chords of this song.

"Darling, darling, darling... darling Fred..." I said, finishing the song instead of saying Sean like the original lyrics, which made Fred grin.

I put my guitar away and snuggled up to Fred. "Goodnight Lola." He said, pulling me close.

"Goodnight, my Beautiful Boy." I whispered.