Goodbyes

We were standing outside between both houses our dogs running around playing in the yard it was spring time our eyes darted from the dogs to the guys stuffing their van their parents had bought till they could afford money for a real bus, they were standing there watching them leave Shay felt her throat getting dry holding back the tears that were threatening to pour they would be gone for a few months possibly two they promised to text each other and call as much as possible girls were already going crazy over the boys and they loved it she ran her fingers through her hair taking in a shaky breath as Jack and Alex walked toward them, Shay was more afraid of Jack being the player and finding someone while on tour, did she trust him? Of course but It was Jack.

“You okay?” Jack asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close sighing into the crook of her neck.

“Is it safe to say no?” Shay mumbled into his chest.

Jack sighed, “It’s only two months, it’ll go by fast I promise you know I’ll call and text you every day when I have time too.” He whispered.

Shay nods sighing again as he pulled back a little his forehead touching her own a weak smile spread across his face matching her own placing his lips against hers kissing her softly, “Jack, Alex come on we need to hit the road” Jack pulled away the kiss ended to soon, he sighed kissing her cheek lightly.

“I love you”

“I love you too”

Jack smiled turning his back walking across the lawn sliding into the back seat of the van closing the door Shay sighed walking up to the porch watching as her sister was telling Alex goodbye.

Alex sighed his arms wrapped around Roo hearing their parents calling them watching Jack walk away his head down, this has been his dream. He never did think it would be this hard to leave someone so special to him behind for two whole months, “Alex dear come on” His mom called.

Alex sighed softly, “I-I guess this is goodbye then.”

Roo looked down, “I didn’t think you leaving would be this God damn hard.” She mumbled sniffling.

Alex chuckled, “Baby, it’ll be only two months those two months will just go with a snap of a finger I promise, and hadn’t I told you that I’d call and text whenever I could?” he asked her cupping her face in his hands.

Roo sighed, “Yes but it’s just going to be different you know”

Alex nods, “I know.”

“Alex dear, come on we need to start heading out”

Alex sighed looking over at Roo once more placing his lips against hers kissing her softly for a second he pulled back a sigh escaping Roo’s lips as his hands left her face, “Bye Roo. I love you”

“I love you too Alex”

            Roo sighed as she walked over to her sister and sat down on the porch watching as the Gaskarth family backed out of the driveway, “There goes our guys” Roo said to Shay.

Shay sighed and nodded, “Yep and here we stay” she said playing with the necklace Jack had given to her Christmas day.

“They’ll come back, they always come back” Roo said smiling.

Shay nods as she watched them drive off her phone had gone off in her pocket she flipped it open, miss you already Shay smiled weakly reading it.

“It’s going to be hard getting up in the morning but they’re going to be doing what they love, that’s worth anything.” Roo said.

Shay nods sighing, “Yeah. It’ll take time for us to both cope with them being gone but we’ll pull through it” She said.

            Alex stared blankly out the window till his eyes got big, “Holy shit I just told Roo I loved her” he breathed out.

“Nawh! Alex is growing up!” Jack said in a girly voice.

“Shut the fuck up” Alex said.

Did Alex really love Roo?

One thing for sure he knew he herd her right..

She said it back she actually said it back to him.

A smile crept upon his lips.

“You know dude, she said it back”

“About fucking time” Jack mumbled with a laugh as his phone went off seeing a text from Shay he smiled as he leaned his head against the window.

I miss you too.

He sighed flipping his phone shut.

Shay and Roo were getting up gathering up Sammie and Scooter till Roo stopped in front of the door her eyes went wide staring at Shay.

“Mother fucker, I just told Alex I loved him”

Shay grinned, “nawhhh, it’s time go celebrate with sappy movies and ice cream” She said walking inside the house. “And snuggle time with the dogs” she added in as she walked into the kitchen opening up the fridge.

“No Shay, I just told him that-“

Shay cut her off, “Roo, he said it back. Stop freaking the fuck out”

Roo grumbled grabbing some dippin dots stomping into the living room. “It wasn’t supposed to happen!” she shouted back stuffing her face with the ice cream, Shay laughed sitting next to her

“It did, deal with it. Because you both know it’s true.”

Roo sighed, a smile plastered on her face as the movie started.