1. Kageyama

A/N

*Internally screams*

Thank you for choosing my series! I'm really excited to share the story that has been racing in my head for days! Feel free to comment where and when needed!

~{Kageyama's POV}~

I woke up with it being just another ordinary day in high school. My alarm was going off. I rolled over and pressed snooze. My clock read 5:30 am. I wanted 5 more minutes...

~Five minutes later~

My alarm went off again. This time I had to get up. We had a practice game against Nekoma today. Hinata was going to be so overjoyed to see Kenma. Like he always is. By the time I roll out of bed and stumble to my bathroom, it was about 5:45. I take a shower, brush my teeth, and do other things that go into a morning routine. I looked in my closet for what shirt I wanted to wear. I then pick the rest of my outfit from there. I put on some black ripped jeans, a white button-up shirt, and some black Vans.

I go downstairs to see my parents had already left for work. I was used to it by now. My parents still cared for me a lot. The school was only a few miles walk so I never used my bike. I looked in my kitchen at the microwave to see it was 6:45. School started at 7:30 but I liked to sit in the courtyard for a few minutes before going to my classes. I stepped out the front door, took my keys out of my pocket, and locked the front door. I took my time walking to school. I may take the same way every day, but I loved the view I got and always took it in as I was passing. It took me about 20 minutes to get to school because I was taking my time to get there. When I entered the gates of the school I decided I was going to skip the courtyard today and head straight to class. Maybe help a teacher with paperwork or something.

I enter my classroom and my teacher was talking to Tsukishima Kei. He was the salty one on the team. He and I have never really been on good terms. The first day we met he mentioned a nickname that was given to me in middle school to make fun of me.

"I will have that dealt with thank you Tsukishima. Have a good day." My teacher seemed to be in a good mood, which was always good. As Tsukishima passed me he bumped my shoulder and made me slightly lose my balance. Once I regained it, I looked back to yell at him but he was already gone. 'Whatever' I thought to myself.

"Ah! Kageyama! Here early again I see?" My teacher said standing up and beginning to write on the board.

"Yes sir. Any work you need to be done before class starts?" I ask walking to my teacher's desk.

"Hmm," my teacher started looking through the papers on his desk. "No, I think we are suitable for today. But if you want you can go on your phone or sleep. I will warn you when the bell is going to ring. I looked at the clock that sits above the whiteboard. According to the clock, there were about 10 minutes before the bell was going to ring. I decided I would just make sure all of my work for my other classes were made up. I had just finished an assignment when the bell rang for everyone to begin heading to class. I put my work away, leaned back in my chair, and put my feet on the desk.

~Time skip after school~

The bell rang and school was dismissed which meant it was time for volleyball and today we had a game against Nekoma. Did I mention that already?

Anyway, it was Crows v.s. Cats. Everyone loved playing against Nekoma.  They were a competitive team and challenged everyone on our team.  I went to the locker room to change into my volleyball uniform. Hinata was already in the locker room changing and saw me come in.

"KAGEYAMA!" I heard Hinata yell as he came running to me and hugged me. I had grown a bit in the past few weeks so I was, even more, taller than Hinata. I looked down and patted the orange-headed boy on the head. Hinata smiled. He soon realized he was only in his boxers and began to blush. He ran away screaming in embarrassment. I laughed so hard I clutched my stomach.

"God I didn't know someone could be so annoying," a voice said from behind me. I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. Tsukishima. The bastard... I turned around to see him behind me smirking.

"Oi! Don't call Boke annoying!" I yelled.

"Why? You do it all the time, don't you? You call him Boke," Tsukishima looked me in the eyes with a smirk on his lips.

"Whatever," I say turning away and going to my locker.

Yamaguchi came to my locker as I was getting my clothes out and getting ready to change.

"I wanna make a bet with you," he said.

I looked at him. He had a smile on his face. He had something planned. Even though he and Tsukishima were close... Yamaguchi and I were actually pretty good friends. I tell him a lot of stuff since I don't really have any friends other than Boke to talk to. But the most recent thing I told Yams had to do with the orange-haired boy and I had a feeling that the bet had something to do with me telling him I have a crush on Hinata.

"What is your bet and then I'll decide," I said going back to changing.

"Well, so you know how you can't find a way to ask Hinata out?" 

'Knew it.'

"Yea..."

"Well, I'll make you a deal. If we win the volleyball game you have to ask him out. If Nekema wins, I will ask Tsukki out." He tried to smile. I knew he liked Tsukishima but he was very nervous about it. After all, he is scared of rejection from Tsukishima because he doesn't want the friendship they have to be ruined.

"Ok, it's a deal~," I say.

A/N

OMG! I made it through the first chapter and I wanna keep going but it's 4:30 in the morning lol

I will try to post an update tomorrow since we plan to be home most of the day.

Ok, Bai~!

7/30/23: Just going back, rereading, and making some clean-up edits! Possibly end up finishing the book when I'm done editing!