Ch 40

-want a ride love birds?- Bokutos mother was laughing from the window of her car. Akaashi jumped down from bokuto and blushed.

-MOM!- Bokuto waved and took Akaashis hand and walked to the car.

-hi Akaashi, do you want to stay over tonight?- the gray haired woman asked

-yes, if it is alright with you- Akaashi said laughing nervously.

-yes. ok get in the backseat you two- the woman said laughing.

They both sat in the back of the car, but soon enough Akaashi relaxed and tipped onto Bokutos shoulder sound asleep. Bokuto gigglesd and stroked Akaashis head.

Bokutos mom adjusted her back mirror slightly. She chuckled, watching the two boys through the mirror. Then she started driving smiling for herself.

Their family didn't have that much money anymore, but her son was so much happier. Her eyes started tearing up as she glanced in the backing mirror, seeing the two boys sleeping in each others arms. Her son could love whomever he wanted and feel comfortable doing so. He wasn't chained by the fear of his father anymore and looked happier than ever.

****

-boys?- Bokutos mother shook Bokutos shoulder lightly. The owl groaned and opened his eyes slowly. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and shook Akaashis shoulder. The ravenette burrowed his head into Bokutos shoulder and lifted his head up squinting.

-were here- the woman said and smiled. They got out the car and walked up to the apartment.

-we've got leftovers in the fridge- she said putting her purse on the kitchen counter. Bokuto nodded and opened the fridge. He took out two food containers.

-fish or chicken?- Bokuto asked as he took of the lid of the containers.

-fish, thank you- Akaashi said and walked up to the cabinet.

-ms, bokuto, will you be joining us?-

-no, i ate out, but thank you- Bokutos mom said and walked to her room and shut the door.

-my mom is working double shifts sometimes, sorry- bokuto said looking at the door with a worried look.

-it is alright, i understand- Akaashi said and took out two pair of chopsticks and two glasses.

The boys sat down and ate. As usual Bokuto was talking with his mouth full of food, laughing in between.

****

-what movie would you like to watch?- bokuto said opening up his laptop

-what do you think about tamako love story?-

-sounds good!- Bokuto found the movie and clicked on the space button. Bokuto laid an arm around Akaashis waist and scotched closer to see the screen.

****

The credits started playing and Akaashi opened his eyes slowly. They had both passed out in the middle of the movie. Bokuto was still behind Akaashi sound asleep.

The ravenette then felt a wave of panic go through his body as he remembers the dinner he had consumed.