Ch 32

-Akaashi!-the owl cheered from the other side of the gym

-you get to play today right?-

-yes, bokutosan- bokuto jumped in front of Akaashi and a wide smile spread across his face, revealing his teeth. They set up the net and now the only thing they needed to do was to wait for the rest of the team. They arrived shortly after the net and volleyballs where all set.

-Akaashi, your gonna play today?- one of them asked, curious.

-yes, i will be playing-

-ey- bokuto leaned onto Akaashi,wrapping one of his arms around his neck an dpulling him into a hug.

****

-match ball- bokuto yelled back. The serve was received and the ball flew in a nice curve to Akaashi.

-Bokutosan!- he said to the ace, bokuto set a straight and landed on his feet.

-hey!hey!hey!- he yelled and gave Akaashi a high five. They took down the net and after stretching and team went to the changing room. Everybody where happily chatting about vacations and Christmas in the changing room.

Suddenly Bokuto could feel the sent of sap and washing powder fill his lungs. The image of his teammates in front of him turned into the dark oak floor, covered in his own blood. His knees gave out and he collapsed onto the floor.

Bokuto startled Akaashi as he fell onto the changing room floor.

-no, no, no, NOOO!- Bokutos voice broke as air was forcefully pushed through his vocal cords. Akaashi looked around the room confused.

-Bokutosan- Akaashi said carefully but the male just collapsed further into himself screaming. Akaashi looked around at the team confused, with worry in his eyes.

-everybody please leave- Akaashi said with a serious tone in his voice.  the team left whispering among each other.

Bokuto could hear the sharp whipping sounds of the belt and felt how the stiff leather split his skin. the sent of his fathers cologne filled his lungs. he started hyperventilating trying to catch his breath. why was he back? his father was suppose to be in jail. he thought to himself as he got pulled out of reality further. He suddenly heard a faint sound in the background calling his name.

Bokuto nodded carefully, Akaashi sighed in relieve.

-ok, Bokutosan i think you are having a flashback, ok? just concentrate on my voice- Akaashi said calmly and squatted in front of Bokuto. The owl nodded, the sound of the belt started fading away into a background noise and Akaashis voice got clearer.

-what do you see?-

-the oak floor in my old house kitchen- bokuto answered and turned his hand so that his palm faced up. Akaashi hesitantly laid his hand on it and gave Bokutos hand a slight squeeze. the burning on his back had also started fading now. 

-ok, good now breath slowly, deep breaths-

-ok- bokuto took a few deep breaths and saw the oak floor changing into the plastic mat in the changing room. he took a deep breath and leaned the top of his head on Akaashis chest.

-i was really scared- he whispered with a shaky torn voice.

-i know- Akaashi said and put a hand onto Bokutos head and pulled his fingers through the sot hair.

-sorry- bokuto said and pulled Akaashi closer into a tight hug and burrowed his head into his hair, inhaling the citrus, lavender sent of his shampoo. Akaashi hugged him back avoiding to touch his back.

-don't be-