Chapter 5- Dinner Date

| Savanna |

It was a very long night. Apart from the obvious, I was definitely exhausted from the party. When I got home I removed my makeup, took off my high heels and untied the long dress that I had been stepped on by almost 30 people; don't get me started on how rough the bottom of dress was now.

It was beautiful while it lasted.

It was Monday, a fresh start to the week but the same routine was to be followed. Wake up and go to college.

I showered which was mandatory every time I had college as I knew it was the only thing that could prepare me for early classes. I was majoring in Biology and I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do career wise which is why I picked Biology as my major as I knew it would give me access to different fields to do with bio. Although, it was tough degree at college level, I was sort of a hard worker and near to perfectionist therefore, I made it my mission to do well. I didn't have to go to college, it was more of a choice of mine despite my mom basically signing up for me, it was still a choice as my dad was happy either way. However, I decided to go to college because it was an experience I didn't really want to miss out on and I'm glad I did as I don't regret it at all.

Nevertheless, college came with its struggles. I used to be a cheerleader in high school, I was captain for senior year which obviously meant I was good at it but when I got to college, I wasn't comfortable in doing it just because of my dads life. There were more people who knew of me, I was over 18 so it almost seemed like an 'adult pass' for a lot of people and when we found out some of my dad's literal rivals were attending my games; watching me, my dad was too skeptical in letting me continue which I know is messed up but I also couldn't tell my dad that. No matter how hard I tried to continue cheer at my new college, it wasn't getting past my dad who was too protective of me to let me continue. He had a lot of control and power in his life but the one thing he could not control was the minds of other people, men, mostly.

However, don't be fooled, that doesn't mean I was completely in Rapunzel mode. I could leave the house and I had few restrictions to my every day life just because my dad couldn't stop every teenage thing that was bound to happen. Male friends got a little more grilling than the usual type but I couldn't ever fight that.

You get the point. I had to be careful but I also couldn't put a cap on my life just because I was born in to this, and my parents were overly supportive of that.

Maybe I could get back in to cheer, one day.

After doing my usual everyday makeup that I had mastered to complete in under 20 minutes, I got dressed. I had a long today ahead of me as I had 4 classes, each 2 and a half hours each and then an hour in what is called a Q&A class where you are able to ask questions if needed. I also never went home on time because I would always end up the library with my friends; it's meant to be a study area but it was never quiet after 5pm, which is when we normally ended up going. Therefore, I decided to wear something a little more dressy and when I say dressy, I mean anything other than sweats.

I wore a pair of denim jeans and paired it with a white long sleeved crop top with a v neckline that wrapped around to the back and tied. Comfy yet cute. I wore my suede tan puma's and my usual Louis Vuitton tote bag that I wore everyday to college.