Chapter 43 - Franco

| Savanna |

We arrived at the club and Jason got out of the car, quickly coming over to my side before opening the door for me allowing me to step out. I waited patiently for him to hand his keys to the valet,

"If I see a scratch, imma make you regret ever steppin up in here." He threatened the man who quickly nodded, taking the keys from Jason before getting in to his car and driving it to the private parking place. Jason came to my side again, he looked down at me, mostly my body before looking ahead of us, "Aldo let you wear that?" He suddenly asked instantly making me want to shove him to the ground; he hadn't changed.

"You have a problem?" I replied, using the same line he used on me when asking him about his cigarettes making him give me a look of amusement. He took my hand in his before he began walking ahead to the entrance, the guard looked down at me before he nodded over at Jason, obviously recognising him before we were let in. His fingers interlocked with mine, his hands were large and they connected nicely with my tiny ones, he also was a lot taller than me which was a dream.

I felt safe with him, despite him scaring me most of the time too.

"Don't let go of me" He muttered as we walked down the quiet hallway towards the main entrance to the club as I slowly nodded.

I pushed past the drapes before stepping in to the club, it was a very boujee building that had a pretty sophisticated theme which is why it was probably my favourite club that my dad owned. It had a gold and white interior and it was completely covered in LED lights that were shining white tones. Of course, there was the dance floor but there were two separate bars on each side of the room which really showed off how huge the place was. We however, did not stop for drinks or anything you normally would do when first entering a club.

We walked past people having the time of their lives and I honestly wished I was joining in with them; it had been a while since I could have real fun considering the last few weeks of my life were filled with near death experiences. However, we continued walking up the stairs and then finally to the back of the club where there was a large VIP room. The room had one black door blocking it, a guard stood outside who was big and broad and as soon as he saw Jason, he raised his his arm to talk in to the hidden talking piece attached to his sleeve before he stepped aside for us. Jason looked down at me, giving me an almost reassuring look before the guard opened the door for us.

He walked in first and I walked in behind him, joining him at his side.

It was like we were deers in headlights because everybody in the room now looked at us stood side by side, his hand in mine. I honestly felt like I was going to slip and fall because of the amount of eyes on us.

The seats were built in to the ground and were on a higher level as a booth. Two tables were in the middle with alcohol in buckets of ice, mirrors surrounded us as walls and once the door was closed behind us, the music wasn't as loud anymore. There was a separate side which was a balcony and you could see the downstairs of the club, people partying and dancing and some men stood there, watching as well as guards.

I made eye contact with one of the men who looked to be the leader, he looked like he was the same age as my dad but he was dripping in gold chunky jewellery and a white suit

I made eye contact with one of the men who looked to be the leader, he looked like he was the same age as my dad but he was dripping in gold chunky jewellery and a white suit. He honestly looked like a pimp, but that was just my opinion. My dad sat on the opposite side to him with my mom next to him in the corner. On the leaders side sat some of his men and on my dads side sat the same, his men. I spotted Ryan and Brandon were also here, drinks in hand as they looked over at us.

"Ah there they are! We were wondering where you got to!" My dad exclaimed, almost excitement in his face as he motioned for us to join them. I followed Jason who allowed me to get in to the booth first before he sat close next to me. Next to me was Ryan who gave me a smile as well as Brandon who winked at me, I was kind of glad I had people here who knew me and weren't totally induced in to this life, they also had a funny side to them which made this all a lot less nerve racking.

"I'm sure you know who this is Franco, Jason, this is Franco, the leader of The Banda della Magliana crew." My dad introduced, so I was right, he was the leader so most definitely the dude who wanted me to marry his son.

"I know who he is, I wasn't aware you guys were connected." He spoke up, he had a hint of an Italian accent to his voice and his voice overall was deep and scary. "I ain't share my business the way you people do, that's why" Jason answered, bluntness in his voice as I glanced at him in somewhat shock. He was extremely brave to be talking to these people in his usual tone of control and anger.

"Fair play" Franco responded swiftly, nodding his head as he leaned back in his seat casually. He looked over at me, quickly glancing down at my body before he looked over at my father. I felt insanely uncomfortable because he was a grown man looking at me like that, but I think Jason also caught on and seconds later, he laid his hand on my thigh, doing the same thing he did at that party with Andrea where he tried to cover my legs but in the most casual way possible.

This man.

"You good?" He asked, glancing down at me as everyone continued their conversation.

I slowly nodded before he briefly nodded his head, turning away to direct his attention to the conversation.

"I'm definitely surprised to be seeing your daughter in the hands of a McCann, are you sure that's the best decision Aldo? You know the risks." He spoke up, glancing over at Jason and i before looking at Aldo. Although, this was role play in the eyes of my parents, for me it was almost real because Jason and I actually had something between us, something nobody could know about.

"It's much more of a risk if I were to hand her over to your people, Franco, we know how females are treated in Roma, my daughter will never be a part of that." My dad responded, confidence in his voice as I looked over at Franco again to see he was looking at my dad with raised brows.

"Are you saying my son wouldn't treat his lady right?" He asked, the room fell silent as they anticipated my dads reply.

"Why ask a question you already have the answer to, Franco?" My mom spoke up, being the boss that she was, her tone thick with sass and confidence. "My son's past doesn't define him, Lorenzo knows what he wants in life now, an empire but he needs a woman to be at his side." He ended, shrugging as his men literally nodded along with him.

Sheep.

"That's where you're wrong, my daughter won't be at any mans side, she will be creating the empire she wants." My mom quickly responded, gritted teeth and anger in her face as I hid a smile, biting my bottom lip at the look on the men's faces who looked dumbfounded by her words, idiots.

"We had a deal, Aldo." Franco sternly said, looking in to my dads eyes with a glare.

"A deal that no longer applies is simply nothing, irrelevant. The fact that you are still standing after the attacks you ordered, you should take that and leave back to Rome, you have an organisation to run," My dad paused before he glanced over at Jason and I, "Plus, my daughter is in the safe care of Mr McCann, now, unless you want to challenge him on that, I'd suggest you look at our deal as broken."

I know for a fact that Jason was getting mad at the looks on Franco's face, he was acting as if he wasn't afraid and the tone in his voice said if all, he didn't care if Jason and I were 'together', he simply was that stupid and self obsessed.

I hated him.