Chapter 4

With Skye's permission, Marcus went through her kitchen and set the dishes up with the food he brought. He then served their dinner with wine.

He'd unknowingly selected Skye's favorite meal

He'd unknowingly selected Skye's favorite meal. Her mouth watered as the aroma of the steak wafted past her.

"Thank you so much! This is amazing! I was not expecting a steak dinner."

"You're welcome. My microwave was broken so ramen was out. This is the next best thing."

"Shut up! This is... Ohhhh, mmm. My God it's delicious!"

"Damn girl, I didn't know you liked my meat THAT much

"Damn girl, I didn't know you liked my meat THAT much."

"Funny!"

"Yea, I'm kidding, I knew you loved it!"

"What can I say, you passed the oral exam flawlessly."

"Oh yea? So what's really for dessert?"

"What do you want?"

"You."

"I think I could make that happen. But, it's gonna have to wait. This steak right here is getting devoured first. This may not be lady like, so you may want to advert your eyes elsewhere."

"Or, you can finish your dinner while I have my dessert."

"Nope. All good things come to those who wait."

"Don't you mean... All good things come for  those who wait?"

"That too... So wait."

Skye continued eating her steak and couldn't care less that she was being watched. She packed what she could in and chewed. The juice spilled over her lip as she bit into her next bite of steak. She looked right at Marcus and licked the juice off her chin. Zero fucks given! She smirked. This shit is too good. Oh man, he is SO getting rewarded!!!

"Have you never had a man treat you to a steak dinner before?"

"No."

"That's crazy."

"My ex monitored everything I ate over the past two years so that I didn't gain any weight. The last time I had steak was... I'd say after my graduation when my dad made some on the grill."