Chapter 5

Sofia wakes up around 2pm grabbing her some clothes and washes up. She dries off and begins brushing her teeth when she decides to text Elijah. She waits for an reply and he replies back a minute later.

Sofia : hey, its Sofia

Elijah : hey

Sofia : Should i come right now?

Elijah : you can come whenever you feel like it

Sofia :okay, I'll let you know when I'm on my way.

She gets dressed and washes her mouth out before grabbing her phone and leaving her room.

"Where are you going?" Her mom asks.

"To Elijah's house"

"Oh, are you two friends now?"

"I wouldn't say we're friends, more like associates, i have to deal with him just because he's my partner" Sofia walks over to the fridge opening it and grabbing the cream cheese then grabs the bagels off the top of her fridge.

"He seems like a nice young man, is there something that happened between you both?"

"No, We've just never been cool" She spreads some cream cheese on her bagel then puts it in the microwave toaster.

"Oh, well you never know, you two might become friends someday"

"Yeah maybe, but i have to go, I'll see you in probably 2 hours" Sofia takes her bagel out then hugs her mom.

"Okay i love you"

"I love you too" she leaves and on her way to his house she eats her bagel. She texts him and lets him know she's on her way. She gets to his house and knocks and some boy opens the door.

"Hey, are you here for Elijah?"

"Yes, can i come in?"

"Sure" He watches her as she walks inside looking her up and down "You sure are fine, What's your name?" He smiles.

"Sofia"

"Well it's nice to meet you Sofia, I'm Elijah's older brother Brady" He holds his hand out.

"It's nice to meet you too" She shakes his hand "Why have I never seen you before?" He asks.

"I could say the same for you, I didn't even know Elijah had a brother"

"Well he does" he chuckles "are you his girlfriend or what?"

"No, we're just Partners"

"Partners for what?"

"A school Project"

"Oh, so that means you're single?" He smirks.

"I am very single" she smiles.

"Well that's good, How old are you?"

Before she could Answer Elijah comes walking downstairs "I hope he's not bothering you"

"No he's not"

"I'm not bothering her, Just was trying to have a conversation, I'll leave her alone" He smiles before walking into the living room and sits down and begins watching Tv and they walk off upstairs to his room.

"What did he say to you?"

"He didn't say anything" She sets her book bag down on the end of his bed.

"I'm just asking because my brother flirts with every girl i invite" He sits.

"Oh" She sits at the end of his bed "well anyways, about our Project" She takes out her pen and notebook "We're gonna need all of these items and it costs money" She writes down everything they're gonna need for the project and hands him it"

"That's it? I can get everything on this list"

"Not everyone is Rich like you Elijah, anyways we're gonna use a variety of cameras to detect obstacles and navigate around them"

Sofia turns to Elijah and he's laying down snoring. "Elijah, this isn't funny" She hits him in the arm.

"I'm so bored" he laughs "This project is about to be boring as hell"

"Yeah but you wanna pass this class right?"

"I really don't care at this point" He grabs his XBOX controller and turns his game on.

"So you're really not gonna help me?"

"I'll help, but I'll play the game too"

Sofia rolls her eyes and gets back to work while he focuses on his game of fortnite.

15 minutes later Sofia stands "Where are you going?"

"I have to go to the bathroom"

"Okay"

She leaves the room walking and looks for the bathroom when Brady comes walking upstairs.

"Are you looking for me?"

"I'm looking for the bathroom"

"Right here" he opens the door.

"Thank you" She's about to walk in when he blocks the door "you know, you should come over more often, I would love for you to keep me company"

"I'll think about it"

"Well don't keep me waiting too long" He runs his fingers up her arm then smiles before he walks away.

She walks into the bathroom closing the door and uses the bathroom then wipes and washes her hands. She dries them off then leaves the bathroom walking back to Elijah's room and sits down on the bed and gets back to the Project.

"Are you hungry?" He turns around to her and asks.

"No actually I ate before i got here"

"Oh, well i ordered some pizza and wings just incase"

"Okay"

He turns back to the TV and begins playing his game again when Brady walks in.

"What do you want?"

"Mom just got home, she told me to tell you to come help put the groceries away"

"Okay I'll be down in a few" Brady leaves the room.

"Is your mom gonna be cool with me being here?"

"Yeah, she wouldn't mind" he pauses his game "Just stay here"

"Why, you don't want me meeting your mom?"

"No"

"Oh wow" she laughs "well thanks for being honest"

"Not in that way, I meant she can be too much at sometimes"

"So what, i wanna meet her"

"Okay fine, let's go" She follows him downstairs into the kitchen.

"Oh I didn't know you had company"

"Hi, I'm Sofia" She waves.

"Hello, you can call me Mrs. davis, she's a pretty one"

"Thank you" Sofia smiles.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, We're friends"

"Oh oops" she laughs "Well sofia do you wanna stay for dinner?"

"I already ordered some food ma"

"Oh, well come help me put this stuff away" Elijah walks over and helps her put away the stuff when Brady walks downstairs "The delivery guy called"

"Alright" Elijah walks to the door opening it "hey, how much?"

"25.56"

Elijah digs in his pocket taking out $30 and handing it to him.

"Thank you" he hands Elijah the pizza and wings and he brings it inside closing the door behind him and Everyone sits and begins eating.