˚* ❀ twenty one

Jia's POV

I open the front door of our house with the keys Jihoon gave me.

It's 1.30 am and I'm sure both Soomi and Jihoon already asleep.

My red bloodshot eyes can be seen clearly but I had no power in me to hide it. Besides it's already midnight.

Jihoon won't be awake at times like this. He has work to do tomorrow.

When I think back, it was so embarrassing of me for even leave Jihoon as if I am his real lovable wife that was betrayed by her husband.

'Exaggerating bitch,' A voice ring inside my head.

I close the door behind me and lock it back before turning around solemnly.

"Where were you?"

I startles at the sudden of a deep voice greet me in the dark.

I look around and finally see Jihoon on the single sofa with his eyes are trying to hold his sleepiness in.

I frowns in worried. "Why are you not asleep yet, Jihoon? You do know, you can't sleep later than-"

"Where were you?" He demands.

His icy stare send shivers down my spine.

This is the first time ever he use this type of voice and this kind of attitude on me. Honest talk, I am beyond scared but damn gurl I'm gonna act like I don't.

I avoid his question. "Have you eaten your medicine yet?"

"I asked you, where the hell were you?"

"Jihoon, why are you-" I furrows my eyebrows together when Jihoon steps closer to me in seconds.

"GOD DAMN IT, KANG JIA! I'm asking you! Where were you?! Do you know how worried I am?! I can't sleep, Jia! I was worried for you! I can't sleep knowing you're not safe out there alone!"

He grips my shoulders without realising his grip got too tight that I swear his nails are digging in my shoulders.

I hisses in pain and look up to him groaning lightly.

He seems to notice my pain and slowly loosing the grip on my shoulders and caresses it.

He sighs before he tucks some strands of my hair behind my ear examining my face. "Where were you, Jia? I called you so many times but it goes straight into voice mail."

He huffs. "I tried to find you this evening and all night that I had to leave Soomi to Jun for a while because I don't want Mom worried about us."

I keep silence not knowing what to tell him.

I can't possibly tell him that I was at the cemetery wailing out to thombstones that I was scared of losing him like an insane person.

"I was at the cemetery."

I murmurs under my breathe just enough for him to hear me considering how near he is to me right now.

His breathe hitches when he heard I said that.

He closes his eyes before opening them back. He put his fore finger under my chin before making me look up to him slightly.

"Jia, I'm sorry for making you worried about me. I was so stupid for making a joke with such sensitive issues. I acted like I was so in pain too much. I know I was-"

"I lose my mother, my father and my brother in a blink of eye, Jihoon. Suddenly, I had to be a mother. You don't know what I felt about that, to lose someone you love. And then you came, you make everything better for me and Soomi, and the fact that we both know you are sick, Jihoon. I thought I have someone to lean onto."