Chapter 26

Daimeng's POV

It's been a month since the culprit last attacked, it was Keran's encounter to her. The thing is, since then, she's been distant and indifferent, and it bothers us all.

We are all now in the dorm and having chats, but she's just sitting there, watching us as we talk.

"Keran, what about you? Have you and Zihan been doing well?" I asked trying to engage her on the conversation.

"Hmm." She said just nodding at me. I released a sigh. I've got enough of this, I shall not let this get any longer.

"Keran, I have to tell you something." I said. She then looked at me and nodded for the second time. She stood up and proceeded outside, the two on the other hand just gave me an eye probably knowing what I'm about to discuss with Keran.

"What happened to you and the culprit, you've changed since then." I asked her. She just looked away.

"Keran, please tell us what's bothering you." I pleased and I saw how her jaw clenched.

"She was successful to plant a doubt in me Daimeng. I can't help but try to think what I've missed to decipher all of this, and stopping feels like I'm wasting time. I feel as if the bomb is about to explode." She said. That stopped me, she's been bothered with her role as the brain.

"Keran, this isn't just your mission, this is our mission. You don't have to deal it alone." I said. She's massaging her temple as if her head is aching with all of her thoughts.

"How, if I know one of us is a mole." She said and that struck me. Yeah, she can't trust us now since there's a mole inside us four.

"I could say I'm a little sad with that, but didn't you realized it's what the culprit really wants to do? To make you deal with it alone because you don't trust us anymore?" I said. She released a heavy sigh.

"Yeah, you're right." She said and I proceeded to hug her. She then hugged me back.

"You guys are my family, it'll be a big dissapointment if I discover who's the mole." she mumbled, I just nodded in understanding.

Shaking's POV

I'm with Xueer now. Her birthday is getting closer and I've got an idea what kind of gift I'll give her.

"Aren't you going to like, meet Xin? It's free day today." I said watching my nails. She then looked at me.

"No, I guess. I mean, if she want to, then I'm fine with it." She said. I nodded on understandment.

"How about you and Jiaqi?" She asked. I could feel the unease on her voice asking me that.

"I don't know, probably later." I said faking it. Well Jiaqi and I really don't talk that much to each other. Let's just say, we're just close when other people are around.

"Do you have plans to already say yes to Xin? I mean, to make you guys official?" I asked again, well yeah I'm curious.

"Uhm, isn't it too early to do so?" She uncertainly answered.

"Why are you asking?" She asked. I had an idea, I want to check her reaction to what I'm about to say.

"Nothing, I just had an idea of making Kiki and I official." I lied looking directly at her. She then looked down hiding her face.

I knew it, I conclude there's at least a small chance that Xueer likes Jiaqi. Not that she doesn't like Xin, but I bet she's doubting on who does she like more.

I must admit, my feelings for Jiaqi is almost gone now. The catch is, I'm kind a having a little attraction to someone else, but I'm not going to pursue it, once was enough. So now, I'm just rooting for everyone's happiness.