A Night to Remember Part 1

Silence, that is the only thing that Jackie could hear as she sleeps peacefully in her room.

But unfortunately, her slumber was ruined by the sound of her alarm clock.

Shutting it off, Jackie groans as she sits up and grumbles to herself as she gets up and does her part of her morning routine.

Which was waking up, taking a nice hot morning shower, get dressed, and go to breakfast.

And when she walked into the dining room, she was met with the others who were eating peacefully but stopped to look at her as she walked in, sat down, and drank a cup of coffee.

Setting down her cup Jackie sighed, "Morning." She greeted.

"Morning Jackie." Everyone replied.

And with that everyone enjoyed the rest of their breakfast.

Minus Master Fung who had finished a few minutes earlier and had taken his leave.

But he soon came back and peeks inside, "Jacquelynn? can you please do me a favor and close your eyes?" He asked.

Jackie looks at him in bewilderment, "Why?" she questioned.

"It's a surprise." The old monk replied.

Jackie was still bewildered but she then saw the pleading looks from her comrades and sighed. "Fine, but if this is some sort of prank. You all are going to get it." she stated and close her eyes.

But she then feels someone jump on her back like a monkey and place their tiny hands over her eyes. "Omi, what are you doing?" she questioned.

"I am making sure you are not peeking." Omi proclaimed.

And with that Master Fung walked in while pushing something on wheels but as it got close the gothic monk scrunched up her nose in bewilderment when she smelled the faint scent of buttercream?

And the smell only grew stronger as it got close and was then set down in front of her by the sound of it.

"Ok, you can look now." Kimiko stated.

And with that Omi finally gets off her back and when the monk opened her eyes, she was surprised to see a beautiful 2-tiered cake that was under a tall 2 tier glass dome.

Which Master Fung removed. "Happy 19th Birthday Jackie!" everyone exclaimed.

Jackie looked at them in shock before her eyes widen with recognition that it was in fact October 31st, "Oh shit, I forgot." She muttered.

"Yeah, we figured that out when we tried to subtly ask you for what you wanted for your birthday. Which I find is weird, I mean you were born on the scariest holiday in the world." Raimundo proclaimed.

He then smirks mischievously, "Not to mention your mom named you after the occasion. Isn't that right Jacquelynn Pumpkin Spicer?"

"It's Nánguā." Kimiko corrected.