Chapter 23.2: Black Star Society

"I can't believe this! We're flying!" I muttered under my breath as we soared high through the cold evening air.

There's no word in the dictionary that could help me describe the feeling. I was lost for words and all I could do was to watch everything below me. They were of normal size at first but in a blink, the trees and other things appeared like a bunch of dark dots.

Breath-taking.

"If I'm not mistaken, it's the tenth time I've heard you say that." Castel remarked in an amused tone.

It was the first time he spoke to me after our feet left the ground five minutes ago.

I tore off my gaze from the trees and slowly looked up to him. Some locks of his dark brown hair freely fell on his forehead. Nagugulo ng hangin ang kanyang buhok pero hindi 'yon nakabawas sa kanyang taglay na kagwapuhan. I was clinging to his neck while his arms were holding me tight, his right was on my back and his left was behind my bended knees. Being this close to him gave me a very clear vantage point. Napagmasdan ko ng mabuti ang kanyang maamong mukha. His skin oddly glittered like there were tiny silver specks on his face. His thin pinkish lips were stretched in to a serene smile allowing me to get a glimpse of a set of squared, white teeth.

Naalala ko naman yung comment ko tungkol sa maputi niyang ngipin noong una kaming nagkausap sa Black Hole. Jusko. Nakakahiya 'yon.

I blinked away that embarrassing memory and continued to get a quick glimpses at him. This celestial being is beyond handsome. Bukod sa gwapo ay mabait pa si Castel. I wonder why he's acting this way towards me. We've only met twice inside the Black Hole but all we did was talk. Not enough bond for him to be this good to me. Ganun pa man, nagpapasalamat pa rin ako.

I smiled.

Kahit sa nakakatakot na pangyayari kanina, medyo nahimasmasan na ako at nagagawa ko ng ngumiti. If it weren't because of Castel, Colen and Clef, I might be dead by now.

Ibinaling ko na ulit ang aking mga mata sa mga lugar na abot ng aking tanaw. Being up here, soaring in the evening air gave me the chance to see everything from below. I can almost see the city lights ahead. The wind felt cold in my skin and the jacket I'm wearing helped a little to lessen the freezing feeling inside me. My long brown hair was gracefully being tossed by the wind as if it's dancing with the air.

The night must be in deep slumber. I could almost guess it's nearly midnight. Lucky for us, no human will be out this late, uh, well, except me. The whole flying thing really shocked me at first but what do I expect from an extraterrestrial being? Castel, being a star was one thing but Castel being a star and could fly was another. I wonder if Colen, Clef, Crozen and Cyfer could fly too.

And even Shone.

Ugh. Bakit ba biglang sumagi sa isip ko si Shone? I bet he's still asleep until now at wala man lang siyang kamalay-malay sa mga nangyari sa akin. Tch. That liar.

I tried to shook the thought of Shone away. Instead, I focused on the starry sky above us. What time is it? I almost lost track of time. I couldn't dare to glance at my wrist watch to check the time because I'm afraid that one wrong move, I might fall from Castel's arms. His assurance that he won't let go of me didn't wash away the fear that was crawling inside my chest. We're almost 50 feet above the ground, for crying out loud! Though I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling.

I closed my eyes for a moment. Letting the fear subside inside me.

"Sassy, would you mind telling me why you're out this late?" untag niya sa akin.