Chapter 35: The Escape

Crozen already left a couple of minutes ago but I still stood here inside the room with my phone still on my hands as I formulate a plan. The only way I could find my Mom was to find Shone and ask him about her where-abouts. Since Crozen said they both got on a cab earlier, then there's even a higher chance that they were still together. The problem was that I don't know where to find Shone or who to ask about his current location.

My gaze fell on my phone and I suddenly had an idea. I swiped it open and click to my list of contacts and scrolled up. I found her number and immediately clicked the call button.

Her phone rang twice before she picked it up.

"Hello?" she mumbled groggily.

I heard her shift on her bed on the other end.

"Nia, its me." I said, walking from one side of the room to the other.

"S-Sassy?" she sounded unsure and I am certain she didn't have her glasses on that's why she didn't bother to read the caller ID.

I breathed in and out before responding. "Yeah. Sorry to interupt your sleeping schedule but I have a few favours to ask from you." I bit my fingernails as I felt restless.

"Okay. Wait a sec." I heard her move again and I think I got her full attention now.

I waited, phone still poised on my ear. The sound at her end gave me the idea that she's moving around. After a minute or so, there was silence.

I frowned. "Nia?"

"Still here." she responded. "What made you call this late? Is there something wrong?" she asked, sounding worried and bothered.

Oh there is, actually. My life is all kinds of wrong right now.

That's what I want to tell her but I just kept the words in my head. As much as I want to keep her uninvolved with my situation right now, I don't have anyone else who I think could help me with my current problem tonight. If I told Crozen about my plan of looking for my mother tonight, I am hundred percent sure that he'll stop me. That's the least thing I wanted right now.

"I will explain to you after all of this, okay?" I said, praying that she'll agree this time.

"Sassy.." she sounded as if she's about to protest but I cut her.

"Nia, I promise I'll tell you everything soon. Just.. not now." I said softly, feeling bad about not telling her everything yet.

There was silence for a moment then I heard her sigh. "Okay. Okay. I trust you." she said and I felt relieved.

"Thank you so much." I said in glee.

"Don't mention it. So what do you want me to do?" she asked curiously.

"Do you have Taf with you?" I asked, hoping that Taf, her laptop, was with her.

"Yeah. It's on my study table. Wait, let me turn it on." I heard noises at her end and maybe she's walking towards where her laptop was.

As I waited, I walked towards the empty chair and sat there.

"It's on. Sooo, want me to do something with it?" she said excitedly.

"Is it possible if you could get in our school registar's online documents and open the faculty's folder?" I asked carefully.

"I think I can do that." she giggled. "Anything or anyone in particular that you want me to search for?" she asked with excitement on her tone.