Chapter 18: What a wonderful world

Me: Howdy! Here's chapter 18~ The song doesn't belong to me, it's 'Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World'. Enjoy~

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Fushigi Yuugi! I just own my OC's, like Nozomi Harada, Lien, and Ice.

~~~

Nozomi's POV

"How are you faring Nozomi? Do you feel okay?" Heh, he's back to being serious Chichiri.

I was looking up into the beautiful blue sky, "You worry too much Chiri...but to ease your worry, I'll be okay." I reassured him gently.

It was silent until I felt his hand grab mine, I look away from the sky staring at a serious look he took off his mask.

"You don't have to force yourself to be happy, I can tell you still look sad."

"...." He can see right through me, smiling sadly "You can still read me like a book Chiri, but seriously...I'll be okay, I have something to live for now."

I look back up to the sky holding Chichiri's hand, I like this kind of silence it felt nice. It feels like before I met everyone, and it was just me and my best friend Chichiri. Even though the pain is still there, I miss him dearly and it's already been so many days since his death. After a while, we sat down sitting side to side.

"Hey...Chichiri?"

"Hm? Yes, Nozomi?"

"I...want to sing, but not for myself but for everyone who hears it brings them joy remembering of loved ones and ease their hearts and souls."

"You should, you know. I think everyone who hears your voice, will be thankful and happy, you know." Was his soft, caring voice.

I nodded, taking a breath I remember this one song that always made me happy listening to it.

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I felt a nudge behind me, smiling seeing it was Ice. He lays down laying his head on my lap, I pet his head hearing his purring seeing Lien sitting down on my other side. I continued singing.

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying
"I love you"

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Then I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I felt hands on my shoulders causing me to look up, smiling seeing Miaka sensing everyone was here hearing my voice I hope I can ease everyone's sorrows, pain, and fears.

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Oh yeah

I heard clapping, laughing seeing everyone encluding Tamahome's master, his wife, and daughter. I was happy I eased everyone's heart and soul even a little bit. 

Later on that day Lien help me with hand to hand combat some, and suddenly I realize what she was telling me she knew I was pregnant and told me to be careful back then. She even taught me how to channel my chi into my hands even creating my weapon, she even showed me her main weapon which was a spear. Mine was either bow and arrows and sometimes a hammer or an ax.

I and Miaka are helping Xi Fang with cooking, Xi Fang is so pretty but I notice how Miaka is acting silently in awkward silence.

"So uh, are you the master and his wife's daughter?"