Chapter 13: Poison

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy ;P

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 13: Poison
_________________________________
Usagi stepped into Seiya's bedroom. It was dark except for the faint moonlight.

Seiya pushed the door shut behind her. Click. They were alone.

"I...didn't wake you, did I?" Usagi whispered. She fiddled with the edge of her pajama shirt. She knew Seiya couldn't see her very well, but it only made her even more nervous to be standing in the dark with her. Alone.

"I was still up. Besides, I told you if it kept storming you could sleep with me, remember?"

"Yeah.."

Boom! The sky lit up. Usagi saw Seiya standing right in front of her for a split second.

Usagi wrapped her arms around her stomach restlessly. The storm raged on.

"Come on, you're probably tired, aren't you?" Seiya reached into the blackness, taking her hand and intertwining their fingers. She felt the smaller girl's grip tighten.

"Yeah." Usagi could barely speak now they were touching. Makoto's words kept swarming her head like a hive of bees. 'That's just proof that you are in love with them.' Ah, what if she's right? What if I really do love Seiya? What am I going to do?

Seiya led her across the large room. She could barely see, but she managed to make it to her king-sized bed without tripping on anything. "Here we are," she whispered softly.

"Okay..." She felt like this could easily be mistaken for something else. What would Mamo think if he saw me right now? But I guess it's not like that. I just don't want to be alone... It's only for tonight.

"Um, what side is yours?" Usagi asked.

Seiya shrugged. "It doesn't matter. Just make yourself comfortable."

Usagi nodded and crawled into the bed. It was the soft kind that seemed to swallow her up. She felt around for the cool pillows and positioned herself on the very edge, as far away from Seiya as she could get.

Seiya slid in on the opposite side. "I don't bite," she joked.

Usagi got comfortable. "J-just don't try anything funny."

"Define 'funny'..."

"You know what I mean," she huffed.

Seiya chuckled and pulled the blanket to her chin. Her back was to Usagi. "Goodnight, Bun Head," she whispered.

"'Night, Seiya,". She wrapped herself into a cocoon of cashmere blankets. "Um...thanks for letting me sleep in here with you."

"No problem." Seiya knew she'd have trouble falling asleep when the girl she loved was lying a few feet away from her. She wanted so badly to roll over and sleep right up next to her. But she couldn't do that.

Usagi closed her eyes and breathed slow. The room was dead silent except for the steady gushing of rain outside.

Kaboom! The thunder taunted her.

Usagi whimpered. She squeezed her eyes shut. Even though she wasn't alone anymore, she was still scared out of her mind.

"Bun Head?" Seiya rolled over to face her. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness and she could make out the back of Usagi's head. "Are you okay?" she whispered.