Chapter 7: Pushed Into Love

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

I've had this chapter in mind from the beginning ;)

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
________________________________
Chapter 7: Pushed into Love
________________________________

After dinner, Usagi was combing her hair in the vanity mirror of her guest room when there was a knock on her door. It was Seiya.

"Hey," Seiya said with a crooked smile. "I just wanted to swing by and see how you were doing. Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, thanks." Usagi motioned for her to come on in. The maids had come by earlier and left all the necessities for their stay including pajamas. Usagi hugged the silk nightgown close, loving the way the material felt on her skin.

"Beautiful sunset," Seiya commented. The sun's rays touched everything in the room with a mystical glow. It reflected orange on Usagi's hair, which was out of her normal updo and down around her shoulders.

Usagi turned around. "Oh, you're right. It is pretty."

"Come on," she said.

Usagi followed her and stepped out onto the balcony for the second time that day. Seiya slid the glass door shut behind them.

The evening air was cool, but comfortable. The ocean rolled towards them in the distance, bringing a faint breeze. The waves crashed against the rocks below them with a salty fizz.

Seiya leaned against the edge of the balcony, putting her elbows on the cold, hard surface. She exhaled, the moist air exploding from her lungs.

Usagi joined her. The sky was painted a beautiful blend of orange and pink.

"It's so nice to see the sunset without buildings in the way," said Usagi, thinking about Tokyo. She realized that it was not the same sun she saw on Earth. Kinmoku revolved around its own star. She really was a long way from home. Yet she did not feel homesick.

"Twilight is my favorite time of day," Seiya said. The wind swayed her black bangs into her eyes.

The sun dipped further into the lapping ocean. Usagi watched her out of the corner of her eye. The warm colors washed over Seiya's face, making her eyes sparkle the same color as the blue water.

Seiya seemed deep in thought. Usagi sensed it.

"You didn't come by just to check on me, did you?" Usagi said it like it wasn't a question.

Seiya remained quiet for a moment, as if contemplating her response. "No. I just wanted to be with you," she admitted.

Usagi felt color heating her face. Under normal circumstances, she would have figured Seiya was just messing with her, but she could tell she meant it. Usagi couldn't bring herself to say anything witty back.

Seiya looked over at her, finally taking her eyes off of the sunset in front of them. "I've missed you, Bun Head."

Usagi met her gaze. Right in front of her, she saw one of her very best friends. They had been through so much. From the day Seiya had transferred to her school, to the moment she bid them farewell on the rooftop, and the tangle of emotions in between. They shared a special relationship, and Usagi knew deep down that it went somewhere past the lines of friendship.

"Seiya..." It was all she could say back.

Seiya closed the distance between them and pulled her into an embrace. Usagi didn't object. Seiya pressed their bodies against each other tightly. Usagi wrapped her arms around the taller girl. "I really missed you too, Seiya," she whispered into her chest, feeling all sorts of emotional.