Chapter 11: Tug of War

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 11: Tug of War
_________________________________

"My gosh! What happened? Fighter! You two are soaked!" Kakyuu exclaimed when everyone stepped inside of the palace, shaking off the raindrops from their hair. The tall entrance doors shut behind them.

Seiya rolled her jacket into a ball. "Well, we started to downpour on our way back, and we lost our umbrella," she explained.

Kakyuu eyed poor Usagi, dripping wet. "That is terrible! Why didn't you call the palace? We would have sent a car."

"Taiki assured us that we'd make it back before it started again..." Seiya grinned over at her fellow Starlight.

Taiki closed her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. "Don't try to blame this on me, Seiya. I offered to call."

"Oh, whatever." Yaten closed her and Makoto's umbrella. "Taiki, you're the one who said it was only going to sprinkle this morning. And that we'd make it back in time before it started to rain again. You shouldn't be a weather girl, that's for sure!"

Minako chuckled at her comment.

Yaten glanced over at her and suppressed a smile. She looked away before anyone noticed.

Taiki's eyebrow twitched, irritated. "Drop it, Yaten."

"Either way, it's done," Kakyuu interrupted their bickering. "We must get you two changed!" she said to Seiya and Usagi. Kakyuu motioned to a worker standing nearby. The boy nodded and walked off down the hall, returning a few seconds later with maid who appeared to be in her early twenties.

"Ria, please take care of her," Kakyuu nodded to Usagi, who stood shivering.

"Yes, Princess." The short girl bowed. She smiled politely at Usagi before taking her hand. "Please come with me. I shall show you to your bath."

Usagi followed the maid down the hallway. She glanced over her shoulder at Seiya as she was led away.

Seiya held up their shopping bags. "I'll bring these to your room later!" she called after her.

Kakyuu turned to Seiya. "Fighter, please change out of those wet clothes immediately. We do not need you to be ill before the party."

"Yes, Princess."
_________________________________

Usagi lowered herself into the steaming water of the bathtub. "Ahh," she moan, completely relaxed. The toasty-warm water defrosted her frozen body. Her personal bathroom was connected to the guestroom. It wasn't a large room, but the claw-footed tub was roomy enough for two people.

This feels so good! So warm. I feel bad that I lost our umbrella. I didn't mean to drop it, the thunder just startled me and it slipped out of my hand. Rei's right, I am a klutz. And a crybaby too for freaking out like that. Usagi untied her space buns, letting her hair cascade over her shoulders and dip into the ends into the soapy water. She closed her eyes and lolled her head back while running her fingers through her tresses.

Oh no! Usagi frantically patted the top of her head. Where's the flower? It's not here! The rozamoku - it must've fallen out somewhere! What am I going to do? Seiya gave it me...

Usagi's chest felt tight when she thought of her. I wonder if it fell out in the downpour. The rain reminded her of cuddling close to Seiya under her jacket. The way the raindrops slid off her bangs... The way her piercing blue eyes seemed to look right into her heart... And the way her warm lips felt gently pressed up against her cheek.