Ch.14 (PART 1)

Ebony P.O.V

"I sent chris to get amoura from his mom house so we could talk

"I sent chris to get amoura from his mom house so we could talk." I said to my mother as she took a seat across from me.

"You called me down here late at night so I hope it's important." she complained.

"Just be quiet & listen." I say, "I got an abortion the other day & I know we don't condone in abortions but it was my only option. I don't regret getting the abortion but yet I feel guilty & I don't know why."

My mom huffed, "You're going to feel guilty because you killed an innocent baby, that baby didn't ask to be made."

"I didn't either! Getting pregnant was not a plan of mine, mistakes happen." I exclaim.

"Getting pregnant with amoura was a mistake but you still kept her & now look at you, doing your job as a mother. Remember when you first found out you were pregnant? You told me that no matter the circumstances, you would take care of your child. What happened to that?"

I looked away, "Things changed, I've learned a lot about being a mother & I want my child to have the best life. I don't want my child to deal with the fact that their dad is mentally ill or watching their mom have a mental breakdown because she's mentally drained. I can't bring a child into this world with parents like this."

My mom slowly nodded, "I guess you're right but does chris know about this abortion? He seems like the type to flip out if you were to abort his kid."

I shook my head, "He doesn't know & I don't plan on telling him because he's not mentally there yet & knowing him he may start an argument & make things bigger than what it is."

She sighed, "Don't let his mental illness stop you from telling him cause the longer you hold it in, the harder it's goin to be to tell him."

I nodded, "I know."

——————————

Chris P.O.V

I took a sip of patron as I rode towards my mom house, "Shit."

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand to clear my vision cause I could barely see. I had drunk 3 bottles of patron & smoked 2 blunts. Liquor & weed is not a good mixture.

I pulled into my moms drive way & stopped the car before lazily getting out, "Ma!"

I used the rails on the stairs to hold me up as I dragged myself to her front door, "Ma!"

She opened the door with amouras car seat in her hand, "Boy stop that yelling!"

I slurred, "Fuck you! Im a grown ass man so I do what I want! Now give me my daughter!"

"Are you drunk chris? Im not giving her to you if you aren't sober. Driving drunk is dangerous."

"Im not drunk." I lied, "I only had 1 bottle of patron & smoked 1 blunt. Im fine."

I reached for amoura car seat & she pulled it back, "Are you sure?"

"Bitch give me my child so I can go, I don't have all night!" I snapped.

My mom firmly held the car seat out to me & I snatched it before walking off to my car.

"Be careful with her!" she yelled & I ignored her & finished buckling amoura in.

"Mind your fucking business!" I scolded & got into the car before pulling off down the road.

***

I switched over into the left lane & stopped at the red light.

My eyes were low & my vision blurred as the light turned green & I zoomed up the bridge.

I kept driving & turned in my seat to check on amoura & she was babbling to herself, "What you talkin bout?"

I smiled & turned back around in my seat & out the corner of my eye I seen a 18 wheeler crash into the side of my car & my car went flying over the bridge & into the river.

—————————-

-💞