Chapter 1

You had gone to high school with Francis for almost all of your life. You never really talked to him very much, though you always thought of him as a friend, considering how nice he always was.

    It was never more than a polite 'hello' or 'good morning/afternoon' but it was always with good intent. You knew this because he mostly talked to you when you were sad or angry. Francis always seemed to know just how to cheer you up.

    One day, you could tell Francis had something on his mind, and since you had first period together, you decided to figure out what was wrong.

   "Francis! Wait up!" You shouted at him.

   "Oh, hey (y/n). What up?" Francis responded, slowing down in the hall so you could catch up. You had a fluttery feeling, and you decided to chalk it up to being nervous about talking to him, since you never really did.

    "Are you okay? You seem kinda of caught up in your thoughts, like something is wrong."

    "Oh. I'm fine (y/n). It's just, my mom is saying she's going to send me off to a 'military school' if I don't get my grades up. But, I also don't know how I'm going to do that." He responded.

    "Well, I have pretty good grades in all of my classes, and I've been needing something to do after school. Maybe I could tutor you?" You said back, not knowing if he would even want help.

    "Would you actually do that? For me?"

    "Hell yeah Francis! I mean, especially since I'm really bored all of the time anyway and always need something to do." You said, half joking.

   "Great!" He said, "Why don't you stop by my house after school? Here, I'll give you the address." Francis winked at you when you took the small piece of paper that he had written his address on.

   He winked at me? You couldn't help but think. Huh, he's pretty smooth, a lot smoother than people give him credit for.

Francis's POV

    I winked at (y/n) when I handed her my address. I don't know why. She looked confused, but then smiled? I dunno, girls are weird and interesting sometimes.

    I chose to sit next to her in class today. I never noticed how cute (y/n) could be. I'm glad she asked me what was wrong today.