Chapter 4

*Trigger Warning*: alcohol and abuse come through in this chapter, so if you're sensitive to that, I will mark where it starts/ends.

Y/n's POV

    I had a really fun night over at Francis's house. I made a few jokes, and got to know the family a little bit better, which was good, since we decided that I would come over every school night to tutor him.

    I was going to finally have something interesting to talk about in my life. No more boring mom or divorced dad, just me hanging out with actually cool people. I couldn't wait until the next time I got to visit.

*Trigger start*

  When I got home, my mother was not a pretty sight. I could tell she went out with her friends and drank again.

"Where have you been young lady?? I was looking all over for you!!" Mom shouted at me.

"Sorry mom. I was over at Francis's house tutoring him." I responded as calmly as possible, trying not to anger her any further. Which failed miserably.

   "Who told you that you could go and tutor him!!" She really had no reason to be yelling this at me, but she was drunk, what can I say.

   She flew at me quicker than I could say "wait". I would definitely have a bruise tomorrow, but could cover it with makeup. I hope it won't shine through. I don't want Francis or his family to worry about me.

*Trigger ended*

   My mother backed off after and just stumbled away to her room. After a little I heard snoring, and figured she was asleep.

  Why can't I sleep? I thought to myself, I'm perfectly fine. I've always been able to sleep here. But I sat there in my bedroom for another hour without falling asleep.

   I wonder if Francis is still up.... Well, my alarm clock says it's only 10 p.m., so he should be up.