Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

    I woke up the next morning back in a shirtless Francis's arms. Did he always sleep without a shirt? Or only when I'm around? I can't help but snuggle closer to him. I finally found someone that I trust, and I hope I don't ruin it. I love him...

    "Good morning babe." I said as Francis woke up. "Did you sleep well?"

    "Definitely better than usual." I snuggled into his warm chest as he said this. He planted a kiss on my forehead and I looked up at him with a sleepy smile. He smiled back at me and I kissed him on the lips.

    Lois startled us when she came in, since she was yelling at the top of her lungs and calling for Francis to get out of bed.

Francis's POV

    I thought that mom wouldn't mind us cuddling, but I was wrong. Her face went red and smoke puffed out her ears when she saw us. That's when I knew I would never hear the end of it.

    "DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU THE FIRST TIME THAT I TRUSTED HER TO GO IN YOUR ROOM!!??" I had never seen mom so angry.

    Y/n spoke up and said that it wasn't like that. "We didn't sleep together, we just fell asleep here. Nothing bad. See? I didn't even change out of my clown costume."

    Mom relaxed just the tiniest bit, and y/n got up to help her with some stuff around the house. Man, I can't believe she's real. I smiled at her as I watched her walk away with my angry mother.

Y/n's POV

    I walked out of Francis's room to help his mother calm down. I helped her around the house, did simple chores for her while she rested, and checked up on her constantly to see if she was fine.

    "You know, I wouldn't mind having you as my daughter, y/n. No one has ever been able to calm me down before. I really do like you, too. The only thing that made me angry was that I thought maybe Francis forced you into something." Lois rambled for a little bit longer, but she kept coming back to these  few main points.

    "And I would be happy to have you as my mother, Lois. Also, your son, Francis, he would never force me into something I didn't want. He's just too sweet."

    I stayed the weekend since I didn't feel like facing my mother. I also felt a strange protection when I was around Francis and his family, which encouraged me to stay longer.