Chapter 20

Francis's POV

Y/n has only been here for a day and Spangler is already on her nerves. He hovers around her, and looks over her shoulder at whatever she does. Luckily, though, if he gets too close, Bruno snaps. He hates Spangler, and I'm glad he does.

"Hey, babe. How are you holding up?" I asked when I saw y/n in the rec room.

"I've been doing good, except for Spangler. He's constantly bugging me. I want it to stop." I hugged her.

"Well, I'll do everything in my power to get him to stop." I kissed her forehead and walked out to talk to Spangler.

"Ahh. Francis. I was just looking for you." Spangler said when I found him.

"Wait... Let me talk first. You're getting on y/n's nerves, and I can't let you anymore. You need to back up, or stop being around her. You can talk to her every once in a while, but don't bug her every minute of every day. Okay?" I waited for him to respond.

"Okay. I will if she wishes me to." I nodded a thanks and headed back to the rec room.

"Did he say he's leave me alone?" Y/n ran over to me.

"Yes, no need to worry about him anymore."

Y/n's POV

Francis took care of Spangler for me. I am so grateful that I have him. Him and Bruno are the best things that have ever happened to me.

I decided to go back to his room and hang out with Bruno for a while. I kept thinking about Francis, and losing him.

"Hey. I saw you come in here. Are you okay?" It was Eric. I hadn't talked to him much, even though he was Francis's roommate.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine." I wiped away a tear that I hadn't noticed until now.

"Are you sure? I'm here if you would like to talk." He seemed genuinely concerned. I patted the spot on the bed next to me.

"I was just thinking about losing Francis. What would I do without him? I mean, he's the love of my life, and what about Bruno? He's just as much Francis's dog as he is mine. What would we do about that if we split up?" I just started venting. Eric didn't interrupt, he just listened.

"Y/n, Francis loves you with all of his heart. He will do anything in his power to keep you by his side. And if you guys do split up, he would want you to take Bruno, and he would visit you guys. You have a hard enough life to begin with, without having to make trips just to see your little boy." Eric comforted me, but I was getting a strange feeling from it.

"Thank you, Eric. I feel a lot better better now." I stood up and started to walk out.

"Oh! Commandant Spangler wanted to see you in his office!" Eric shouted after me.

Bruno and I walked down the long hall to Spangler's office.

"Hello?" I said as I opened the door. "Eric said you wanted to see me."

"Ah, yes. Please have a seat, Ms. Y/n." I sat down in front of his desk.

"I will be training the men here to sing 'The Candy Man', and I was wondering if you would like to be a part of the performance." He folded his hands on his desk.

"Would I be singing?"

"Yes. I'm sure you have a lovely voice."

"Umm... I guess I can. I've never really been much of a singer, but I can if you would like me too." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Great!" Spanger excused me from his room, and I walked to the rec room.

It'll be a long few weeks, I thought. I hope I'll make it.