Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

    I kissed Reese on the cheek, mainly to see his reaction. It was pretty cute. He just sat there staring at me until I left.

    "Hey beautiful." I heard from behind me. I was at Francis's house again since I still didn't feel safe around my mom. I just let myself in when I wanted now, since I had been tutoring Francis for about 9 weeks now, and we were all fairly used to each other.

    "Hey Francis. What're you doing up so early?" I only just now realized that it was 3 in the morning. He wrapped me in a hug and kissed my cheek.

    "Couldn't sleep. I figured I'd come out here with you."

Francis's POV

    Y/n and I sat in the kitchen and talked for a while. She didn't really sleep in my bed anymore. In fact, she didn't really sleep at all. I'm worried for her.

    All of a sudden, I heard yelling down the hall. It was mom and dad. Me and y/n walked quietly down the hall to see what was happening. They were talking about sending me off.

    "Hal! We can't send him off and leave y/n alone! Even if she does hang around us after she's gone, I'm worried for her mental health. Have you seen how she's been lately?" Mom said in a whisper-yell.

    "I know Lois! But it's what's best for the boy! He needs discipline or he'll turn out like a bum living out on the street." Dad retorted.

    "We aren't shipping Francis off! Not just yet!" I figured mom was going to win the argument, like usual.

Y/n's POV

    Me and Francis heard his parents talking about school. I was shocked at what they said, and I stumbled into Francis's room. I sat on the bed and just started crying, quiet enough so that Hal and Lois couldn't hear.

    "Hey, hey. What's wrong?" Francis came in after me, a worried tone in his voice.

    "I love you Francis. I don't want you to leave...." He looked shocked when I said I love you. It was mainly a friend kind of love, but also sort of romantically.

    "I.. I love you too y/n." He rushed over to the bed and grabbed me in a tight hug. I never wanted this moment to end.

    I pulled away from the hug and kissed him. He was surprised at first, I could tell, but then he leaned into it, too. I pulled back away but rested my forehead on his. I held his hand and didn't let it go.

    We fell asleep in each other's arms. He made me feel safe and protected. Sure, he wasn't the strongest person, but he would do anything he could to protect me.