Chapter 18

Y/n's POV

    I decided to stay with my mom for a few days. Everything was normal for those 2 days that I was with her, except that I didn't see Francis at all. I hope he's okay.

    I went back over to his house and looked around. I didn't see anyone there so I just sat down and watched some TV. Finally, they came home. First came Hal, then Lois, Reese, Malcolm, and Dewey. I didn't see Francis walk in.

    "Where's Francis?" I asked Lois.

    "You might want to sit down." Everyone cleared the room when she said this.

Lois's POV

    "What!? You sent him to military school!? Why?" She was very angry. I felt bad that she had to find out this way.

    "His grades weren't getting any better, and, frankly, he just needed more discipline than he was getting." I said grabbing her hands and holding them in my lap, trying to calm her down.

    She started tearing up and then fell into my arms. I called over Reese quietly.

    "Reese, get the package please." He looked at me funny when I said 'please'.

    "Here, hun." I said as I gave her a package from Francis. "He told us to give this to you when you found out that he was gone."

Y/n's POV

    Lois gave me a package from Francis. I had no clue what it was. I opened it up right there in front of her and Reese. I looked in the little box and saw a note. It said:

   My dear Y/n,
    It pains me to be writing this, but I had to leave for military school. I love you and I hope you know that. I included a receipt to something, but I'll let you figure out what it's to. I hope you two can use this to visit me. The address to my school is at the bottom of this paper.
     Love,
  Francis

    What does he mean by "you two"? Does he want me to bring a family member with me? I thought.

    I looked in the box and saw the receipt that he was talking about. It was for a motorcycle and a delivery of some sort. There was also a small leather collar and blank name tag in the box. Shortly after I saw this, the doorbell rang. I went over to it, assuming it was for me, and opened the door.

    "Hello, are you y/n y/l/n?" The man said. He wasn't in a uniform, so I didn't know where he was from.

    "Yes, I am. Sorry I look so terrible." I answered after a second.

    "Oh it's fine. This is from Francis." He didn't give me anything, so I looked at him with a confused look, and he motioned for someone else to bring in a small animal crate, along with a motorcycle that had a little sidecar.

    I looked into the little animal crate and saw a dog. A DOG!! I took the crate from the man and signed for the motorcycle and the men left. The motorcycle looked like it was a vintage model, but had been repaired.

 The motorcycle looked like it was a vintage model, but had been repaired

    I took the puppy out of its crate and held it up. I could tell that it was an Australian Shepherd dog, which was my favorite breed. I pulled the puppy back down to my chest and kissed it's little head. Now I just had to name it.

    Right after I got him out and hugged him to my chest, I went to show Lois

    "Meet Bruno." I said as I walked over to the couch. I had mascara running down my face, but I didn't care. In a few seconds I had been able to identify that he was a boy, and that he would be Bruno.

    "Oh. My. God." Lois looked at him with her mouth wide open. She hopped up and ran over to me. "Francis really out did himself this time."

    "You aren't going to punish him, are you? For getting me a dog and motorcycle?"

    Her mouth opened wider. "He got you a motorcycle!? Do you even know how to ride one of those things?"

    "I do know how to ride them. In fact, I prefer them to cars. Now me and Bruno can go visit his dad." I buried my face in his soft fur, and gave him another kiss.

    "Wait WHAT!? YOU'RE GOING TO GO VIST HIM!?" Lois looked extremely angry now.

    "Am I not allowed to?" I asked in genuine confusion, not sure why she was mad.

    Lois shook her head. "Okay. Here's the deal. You and Bruno can stay here for a month or so as he learns to stay inside of the sidecar. Then you guys are out of here. I want you to go visit Francis. I really do." She smiled at me and then kissed me on the forehead. I guess I'm kind of like her daughter, so I didn't mind.

    "Now, go into the bathroom and get cleaned up. We're going to send Francis a picture of you and Bruno. You need to look good for that."

    "You're the best mother I could ask for, Lois." I hugged her tightly, then let go and went to the bathroom. I fixed my makeup and went back out. I saw Dewey sitting on the couch with Bruno.

    "You're such a good dog." He whispered to Bruno. I walked up to them.

    "Dewey, meet Bruno. Bruno, meet Dewey." Bruno stood up and walked over to me.

    "Have the other guys seen him yet?" I asked Dewey.

    "No." He responded.

    "Well, then," I said while picking up my little pup, "we should go introduce them to you!" I touched my nose to his.

    Reese and Malcolm loved him. Reese was trying to hide his affection for Bruno, but he failed miserably. Soon, we will start training him to sit, stay, and come. I might teach him a few tricks, too.