-TWENTY TWO-

||LEYAH||

I went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I wasn't feeling that hungry so I just made myself a omelet. I take a egg from the fridge.

Should I make one for him? No.... But making an egg for him cant hurt right?

So against my better judgement I made myself and him a egg. I leave my eggs on the table thinking that I would give him his and then eat them. I took his egg up to his room. I walked up to his door. Unusually there was no music coming from his room.

I knock on his door. I hear shuffling coming from his room. Then the door opens and niall comes out shirtless. I immediately look down blood rushing to my face.

"I.. uh... I uh... I made you some eggs to say sorry?" I say still looking down. Dam when did I start to stutter?

"What you cant look at me when you talk?" He asks in a taunting manner you could hear the smirk in his voice.

This is what I get for making someone eggs.

"Do you want the eggs or not?" I ask looking up at his stupid face that still held a smirk. It was now that did I take his appearance. And god have mercy but he was fit perfect abs on display.

He looks down at the eggs.

"I will be down in a minute" he says and closes the door.

So was that a yes I want eggs or was that a no you keep them?

I will never understand him.

I go downstairs. If he was actually coming downstairs to eat eggs that means I cant eat here cause of the rule.. So I guess I will be eating in my room.

I take my plate of eggs and a fork and go up the stairs. But at that moment niall's room door opens.

He looks at me confused.

"What your not eating your eggs?" He asks coming towards me.

"Yes but I am eating them in my room" I say.

"Why you dont want to eat with me? I promise I dont bite love" He says that smirk was back on his face.

"I thought...." I trailed off not bothering to continue my sentence because you could see how niall's eyes got clouded his playful smirk had dropped.

"I could eat downstairs" I say not wanting to anger him.

His smile was back on his face.

"Then come on I dont want to eat cold eggs" He says walking downstairs.

I follow him. So far I know one thing the rule here isn't 'You mind your own business and I mind my own' it was 'You do what ever niall says and do not piss him off'

He sits at the kitchen table and I sit opposite him. He starts to dig into the eggs.

I sit quietly and eat my eggs not really sure what to say.

"These are good" Niall says.

"Thank you" I say softly not meeting his eyes.

"Thank you" He says

I look up confuse.

"Why the thank you?" I ask.

"For the eggs" He says the smirk back on his face.

I roll my eyes "They are eggs not something fancy" I say

"Yeah but eggs are eggs" He says and continues to eat. A silence settles between us. 

"I am sorry" I say softly. 

"For?" He asks looking up from his plate of eggs. 

"For looking through your stuff without your permission" I say softly. 

He doesn't say anything for a while.

"It is fine I didn't tell you anything about not going up there" He says. 

I nod. 

After he finished he put the plate in the sink.

"Well thank you for the eggs" He says and leaves. 

I finished my eggs and loaded it into the dishwasher. I started to walk back to my room. I walked back up the stairs when I felt light crumpling of paper under my feet. I pick up the small paper that was now crumpled. I smooth it out so I could read what was written. 

That is why they call it the ribcage

To lock all of my feeling up

To make sure my heart doesn't escape

I will never be the same if it does 

That is why they call it the ribcage 

To keep me away from your touch

To make sure my heart doesn't escap

I will never be the same if it does 

Was this niall's? What was he writing this for? Wait he write stuff like this? All these questions Were swarming around my head. 

This might not even be niall's in the first place! my head screams at me. 

Right yes! This may even be some random paper that I found. 

The rest of the day went on like normal. But expect for that night....