-TWENTY THREE-

||LEYAH||

It was probably 12 in the night or something. I was no where near sleepy. I tried really hard to sleep but it did not come. 

I huff. I might as well get a mid night snack or something. I get out of the bed. And walk out of my room. I down to the kitchen I look through the fridge I take the carton of orange juice. I pour my self a glass and take a sip and go back to the fridge to put the carton back. 

All of a sudden I hear scream. The scream was more of pain. I heard another one. It was coming from niall's room. I rush upstairs. I open niall's room door. I saw niall on his bed thrashing around in his bed he looked in distress. 

I rush over to him.

"Hey niall wake up it is only a dream" I say to him holding his hand. 

He doesn't wake up he still keeps thrashing around. 

"Niall wake up!" I yell. He shoots up. You could see the panic in his eyes rise. He looks around his room scared. His eyes land on mine he was still breathing hard. What he did next took me by surprise. He hugged me. 

You could feel how hard his heart was beating. 

"Hey it is okay it was only a dream" I say. 

"It wasn't" He says. I wanted to ask what he meant by that. But I didn't  want to push it. 

He lets go of me. He breathing starts to come back to normal. I stay there for a while he collects his thoughts. For the first I was in his room without him yelling at me. I took in how his room looked. The walls were painted grey it had a huge desk placed on one wall. It was filled with stacks of books now that I come to think of it his whole room was filled with books there was shelves lining the walls with books. I couldn't really read what the title of the books. 

I looked at niall he was still siting. He seemed  to be alright now. I got up to leave when I felt a hand wrap itself around my wrist loosely. 

"Please dont go and leave me alone" He whispers. His eyes still looked scared.

I couldn't bring myself to say no.

I sigh. "Okay"

A small smile takes over his face. 

I move away from him to take a chair that was next to the desk but niall grabs my wrist and pulls me to his bed. 

"Sit here" He says softly. 

I nod. Cause I dont have much of a choice. 

We sit in silence for a bit. 

"What do you want me to do?" I ask softly. 

"Read to me?" He asks more like a question. 

I small smile on played my lips. "Okay" I say.

He turns around and grabs a book from his night stand and hands it to me. 

And he switches on a small light that was in the corner of the room. It was dime but it was enough to read.  I  look at the title. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens . This book was definitely something. It was a popular classic. 

"Have you read it before?" Niall asks.

"Yeah. You?" 

"Nope I am reading it almost done with it" He says. 

"Where did you stop from?"

He takes the book from me and opens to a page which had a light blue book mark which was decorated with glitter. The handy work on the book mark looked like a 5 year old. 

"Who made the book mark?" I ask. 

"Tessa" he replies with a smile on his face it was like he was remembering something.

He hands me the book. I straighten my posture and lean against the bed frame. Niall also sat beside me the bed was small so there was barely any space between us. 

I looked at the book. He wasn't that far from the end only a few chapters from the end. 

"Being far to ill to remain in the common prison, he was removed, after the first day or so into the infirmary. This gave me opportunities of being with him that I could not otherwise have had. And but for his illness he would have been put in the irons, for he was regarded as a determined prison breaker and I know not what else "  I start to read.

We read on hours pass on. We were no longer sitting up we were laying down very little space between us. I was half asleep at this point. But I didn't want to stop reading  knowing that we are so close to the end of the book. 

"I took her hand in mine, and we went out of the ruined place; and as the morning mist has risen long ago when I first left the forge, so the evening mist were rising now, and in all the board expanse of tranquil light they showed to me, I saw no shadow of the another part from her"

I finished.  I turn my head towards him. He was lying on his side looking at me. 

"The End" I say softly. 

We lay down in silence. I could feel eyes start to close. But niall just keeps looking at me. 

I my eyes were almost closed off. I could still see niall looking at me. 

He slowly leans in. He was so close to me. I could feel his breathing against my face. Only a few centimeters between our faces. His lips lightly brushed against mine. 

I open my eyes a little bit more. I could see niall still looking at me. My gaze shifts from him to his lips. And before I could comprehend what was happening I felt his lips against mine. It was soft against mine. The kiss was slow he moved his lips against mine. Our lips molded perfectly. 

He pulled away. 

"Good night Leyah" He whispers softly. 

A.N. this is my most favorite chapter ever! Dont worry things dont stay perfect ;)