017| Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Tshegofatso was woken up by someone shaking her and when she fluttered her eyes open, she saw Olonathando smiling down at her and, “ Morning ”, the little girl greeted.

“ Baby girl, are you okay? ”, Tshegofatso asked out of concern and the little girl nodded at her, “ Are you hungry? ”, she asked again and, “ Yes, but I want to see Busi first ”, she replied and Tshegofatso finally calmed down, as she thought there was something wrong with the little girl.

“ Let me go and take a shower first, get under the blankets ”, she climbed up the bed and Tshegofatso headed to the bathroom, to freshen up. She started my brushing her teeth and then took a long shower, moisturized her body and wrapped a towel around her body, heading to the walk-in closet. She settled into a simple black summer dress and pink fluffy slides paired with white happy socks. She tied her faux locs into a messy bun and then walked back into the bedroom, found Vuyolwethu already awake. “ Ndhlovu ”.

“ Huh uh, take your child I want to sleep ”, Vuyolwethu said turning his back away from Tshegofatso and Olonathando and, “ Uchuku Vuyo, let's go baby ”, Tshegofatso reached out for Olonathando to take her hand and they headed out of the bedroom, heading to the nursery. They found Nosibusiso already awake playing with her dolls and her face immediately lit up when she saw her mother, “ Mommy ”, she stretched out her hands for Tshegofatso to pick her up, which she did. “ Birthday girl, how are you? ”, Tshegofatso asked as she walked over to the pit of balls with Olonathando and, “ Goo goo ”, she responded as she put her down next to Olonathando and, “ Hello ”, the six year old girl greeted the one year old and turned to Tshegofatso, “ She's beautiful ”, she complimented her.

“ Just like you ”, she smiled at the both of them and then headed to the bathroom to fix a bath for Nosibusiso. She bathed her with the ' help ' from Olonathando and then settled her into a pink t-shirt, denim jeans and white all-star shoes, only God knows who was going to wash those because...

After that both Tshegofatso and Olonathando took Nosibusiso to the main bedroom for Vuyolwethu to look after her, they were just trying to piss him off really. “ Ndhlovu, please after uNosibusiso tuu ”( please ).

“ MaNkosi, go away, nonke futhi ”, he said grabbing the pillow next to him and covering his head with it, to block out the noise but, “ Ngizomshiya la eceleni kwakho ”( I'm going to leave her next to you ), Tshegofatso said taking Olonathando's hand and they headed out of the bedroom, giggling.

“ Daddy ”, Nosibusiso crawled closer to Vuyolwethu and pulled the pillow away from his face making him growl in frustration. He was really tired but the moment he raised his head and saw little Nosibusiso smiling at him, he melted. She always knew how to charm him out of his mind, it was always her smile and teary eyes that worked on him.

Tshegofatso ran Olonathando a bath and while she bathed herself, she did her bed and then picked out an outfit for her - pink cropped hoodie, skinny jeans and white all-star shoes. Olonathando came back and she helped her into the outfit and then she did her hair, combing it back and tieing it into a bun. After going back to the main bedroom to take Nosibusiso from Vuyolwethu, they all headed to the kitchen and Tshegofatso made cereal for the children and a cheese and polony sandwich for herself. As the girls were eating, Lerato walked downstairs still wearing her pyjamas and she stood opposite Tshegofatso with a table knife and apple in hand making Tshegofatso raise an eyebrow and chuckle at this. If only she knew that she's been through so much, it would literally take more than a table knife to intimidate her.

“ If you know what's good for you, you will stay away from Vuyo - he is mine ”, Tshegofatso laughted at Lerato's face and, “ He is yours? Funny enough, he never mentioned you yesterday when I was doing wonders to him ”, the girl licked her lower lip and winked at the girl standing opposite her trying to be all intimidating but Lord knows, she failed dismally.