018| Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Back in the house, Tshegofatso was with Vuyolwethu and Nosibusiso in the nursery room. They were both trying to get Nosibusiso to sleep. Vuyolwethu was sitting on the rocking chair with the little angel laying on his chest while Tshegofatso was reading a story to her and, she was slowly drifting off to sleep. “ I'm going to check on Olonathando, will you be okay? ”, Tshegofatso whispered softly as she got up from the floor and her fiancé nodded at her before looking down at the little girl laying on top of him with a faint smile. Tshegofatso headed towards the door and just when she was about to leave the house, she heard Vuyolwethu singing a lullaby softly to the little baby laying on his chest and she looked at them for a brief moment and smiled to herself.

She headed to Olonathando's bedroom and found her sitting on her quiet corner, reading a book. She walked over to where she was and took a seat next to the girl and, “ Aren't you sleepy? ”, the girl shook her head no and with a faint smile plastered on her face, “ I think a glass of warm milk can fix that ”, she said making Olonathando smile and nodded. “ But first, we need to get you bathed ”, Tshegofatso said standing up and walking to the bed to take Olonathando's pyjamas and, “ You going to bathe with me? ”

“ You want me to? ”

“ Yes ”, Tshegofatso smiled at her and nodded. They headed to the main bedroom and, took a long bath together with Olonathando telling Tshegofatso stories about being in Grade 1 and about the friends she had made back in school. After bathing, both girls settled into their pyjamas and then headed downstairs, heading to the kitchen to get that glass of milk Tshegofatso had promised Olonathando. Tshegofatso placed Olonathando on the kitchen counter and warmed up the milk for the both of them. Tshegofatso handed over a glass of milk to the girl and took a seat on the highchair.

Vuyolwethu headed downstairs and joined his fiancée on the highchairs after kissing both the girls on the cheeks, and he took Tshegofatso's glass of milk drinking it. “ Huh uh daddy, that's aunt Tshegofatso's milk ”, he briefly looked at her daughter and then his woman who was trying so hard not to laugh next to him and, “ She doesn't mind baby ”, he responded to his daughter but she wasn't having it. “ I do, warm your own milk ”, his jaw dropped and, “ You are a smart mouth for a Grade 1 learner ”, he murmured but was still loud enough for Tshegofatso to hear him and she laughed at that.
-
Today, Olonathando was going back to Beaufort West with her mother, Lerato, and luckily enough Tshegofatso had only one class for the day meaning she could get back early from school and see her soon-to-be-stepdaughter off. She was having breakfast in the kitchen downstairs while browsing through a magazine when Vuyolwethu came downstairs looking all shades of handsome in his black jeans, black turtleneck and a dark green blazer jacket paired with matching Fendi sneakers. He had recently did a haircut, so it enhanced his looks. “ You sure you are going to a business meeting? ”, Tshegofatso asked and, “ Yes wife ”, he responded before pecking her lips and, “ Your jealousy is something else. ”

“ I was just asking ” - Tshegofatso.

“ I know baby, you want me to drop you off at school? ”, he asked grabbing all his important file and putting them on his bag with his laptop and, “ Please ”, Tshegofatso said walking over to the sink to wash her plate and cup. He took his things along with Tshegofatso's and headed to the basement with his fiancée following shortly after. He grabbed the Audi A7 carkeys and put everything in the boot before getting the door for his steady and when she had gotten inside he closed the door for her and jogged to his side. Driving out of the residence, he turned on the radio and Tshegofatso's favourite album, T R A P S O U L, by Bryson Tiller echoed in the background.

They both jammed to the album while driving to the campus and, Exchange, her favourite song went on and he briefly looked at her with a smile before returning his full attention to driving and, he started serenading the young lady and gosh, his voice did things to her. He kept stealing glances at her and her level of going scarlet was cosmic, out of this world. “ Focus on the road, Vuyo ”, she turned to look at the window to hide her blush but, it was already late, he had seen it and it made him happy. I mean, wouldn't you be happy know your woman is happy and it is all because of you?