024| Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen.

It has been seven months since Tshegofatso met Nkosinathi Mahlangu and they have been in a relationship for six months now. She was eight months along with her pregnancy but you would swear she was only six months pregnant. She was currently in her house preparing to go out with Nkosinathi and no, she hadn't moved in with him nor introduced him to her daughters, Olonathando and Nosibusiso, not that she would even get the chance because they spent most of the time with Vuyolwethu. Speaking of them, they even abandoned her and went to Cape Town with Vuyolwethu for a mini vacation that by the way they hadn't returned from and they left two months ago, talk about MINI vacation. It was Friday, and Tshegofatso was watching movies all say since she was too lazy to go out with her friends and she didn't have any classes to attend then.

At half past six in the evening, she took a shower and then settled into a strappy sleeved royal blue jumpsuit and an overskirt with a nude block heel, she wasn't really prepared to sit down and do her make up so she just opted for something simple but elegant and then she took her clutch bag along with her phone and headed downstairs. She received a call from Nkosinathi and she answered within the first two rings and, “ Sthandwa ”( Love ), she greeted with a smile even though he couldn't see her and, “ Kumkanikazi, I am at the gate. ”

“ Coming ”, she headed down and made sure to lock the door and headed out. She approached the car and the driver got out of the car, opened the door for her and she got inside before he closed it and returned to the driver's seat. “ You went all out, I see. ”

“ Anything to make my half happy ”, she smiled and pecked his lips. She then sat back and rested her head on his shoulder and he had his arm around her the whole time. Thirty minutes later, they got to the restaurant and headed inside and there was no one there, Instead there were rose petals scattered all over the room, soft music playing in the background and a table set in the middle of the room with red candles and a bottle of non-alcoholic wine in ice, in the middle. “ Evening ”, the waiter greeted as he led them to the table and, “ Enjoy the rest of the evening. ”

“ Thank you ”, the waiter left and after a few minutes he returned with the couple's meal and, “ Food is served, enjoy your dinner ”, they thanked him once more and he left them, and they indulged themselves in their food while having a nice conversation. The food was delish, it literally sent Tshegofatso to heaven on Earth. After eating, desert was served along with the wine and  they dug in.

They were having a nice flowing conversation when Nkosinathi suddenly got up from his chair and kneeled infront of her with a ring on his hand. “ Tshegofatso Nkosi, can you make me the happiest man in the universe and marry me? ” 

“ Nathi, it's too early. ”

“ We know we love each other so why should we wait? ”, Tshegofatso dropped her face and, “ You love me right? ”, the man asked and, “ Yes. ” 

“ Then say yes, be my wife ”, the young woman hesitated for a few minutes but, “ Okay, I will marry you. ”  He got up from his knees and spun her around. He put her back down after a few minutes and planted kisses all over her face causing her to giggle. “ My ring, bhuti. ”

“ Oh sorry ”, he slid the ring on her finger and hugged her and somehow to Tshegofatso, this didn't feel right. It felt like she was rushing into this whole thing but she shook the feeling off because she thought her insecurities were playing her mind. If only she knew...

“ We are getting married in a few hours, everything is ready ”, Tshegofatso looked at Nkosinathi flabbergasted, WOW was the only word she could think of at that moment.