023| Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen.

Later that day, Amanda arrived with Kefentse and Boikanyo at Tshegofatso's house just when she had finished preparing dinner. “ I'm here to babysit ”, was the first thing Amanda said when she got inside the house and Tshegofatso looked at her confused before, “ We aren't going anywhere ”, she said.  “ Ungazosihlanyela wena, you didn't think we will come here for a sleepover over right? ”, Tshegofatso just glanced at her with pursed lips and, “ Unyile ke, go and get ready ”, Boikanyo said and, “ Mar... ”( But... )  “ Okay, we are done talking asambe ”, Kefentse dragged Tshegofatso to the bedroom and headed straight to the closet and took out a white offshoulder bodysuit, black leather mini skirt with a black ankle block heel boot and handed them over to Tshegofatso to wear. She sat her down and did her make up even though she told her not to but luckily, she didn't go all extreme on her. After that, Tshegofatso grabbed her denim jacket and a black clutch bag, packed her lipgloss, a tampon and her phone and money and they headed downstairs. “ You look beautiful mommy ”, Olonathando complimented Tshegofatso and she kissed her daughter's cheeks before, “ Ngiyabonga nana ”( Thank you baby girl ), she thanked her, making the 6 year old smile and continue eating. Boikanyo and Kefentse took their bags and Tshegofatso kissed her babies goodnight and they left.

They arrived at AncientLink and then headed inside after taking a few pictures and Kefentse uploaded them on her Instagram account. Boikanyo paid the entrance fee and they headed inside to the couches by the window as it had the best view at night and, Tshegofatso and Boikanyo made themselves comfortable. “ What are you guys drinking? ”, Kefentse asked and, “ The regular honey ”, Boikanyo asked referring to cocktails and, “ Grapetiser ”, Tshegofatso said and they both turned to look at her amazed and she just laughed them off before, “ I won't be drinking any alcohol anytime soon ”, she said and, “ Upreg ne? ”( You are pregnant right ), Boikanyo asked and Kefentse rolled her eyes before, “ Obviously. ”

Kefentse went to the bar and came back a few minutes later with their drinks. They had a really nice evening, they managed to lift Tshegofatso's spirit and that is all she needed.

They were all having a nice flowing conversation when Boikanyo and Kefentse suddenly drooled, look at the entrance and Tshegofatso turned to look to see who had gotten their friends all dumbstruck and what she saw, WAS. A. SIGHT. FOR. SORE EYES ! There were three guys and one of them looked at Tshegofatso and winked at her, and she politely smiled at him. The guy was handsome, not the ‘ Vuyolwethu Ndhlovu ’ kind of handsome but he was handsome. The three guys made their way to the girls and  Boikanyo and Kefentse started fixing their selves and Tshegofatso just looked at them and shook her head. “ Ladies, I am Nkosinathi Mahlangu and these are my colleagues Mandla and Lethabo ”, the guy that winked at Tshegofatso introduced himself and his friends and extended his hand for Tshegofatso to take, which she took and he kissed the back of it, “ Tshegofatso Nkosi ”, she introduced herself.

“ Can we join you? ”

“ Gladly ”, Boikanyo made space for them to sit and they spent the whole evening together. Tshegofatso was having a conversation with Nkosinathi when she heard a familiar sound of laughter that came from upstairs and suddenly, Vuyolwethu came down with Mnqobiwesizwe, Nqabayomzi and Suffocate, whose real name she doesn't know. Vuyolwethu stopped for a moment when he laid his eyes at her and Tshegofatso smiled at him politely while he just shook his head slightly, chuckled and carried on with whatever he was doing.

Across the room was where Vuyolwethu and his crew were sitted and having a few drinks, preparing to leave. Everyone was engaging in a conversation except Vuyolwethu who was suddenly awfully quiet and not paying attention to anything that was being discussed. “ You still love her, don't you? ”, Mxolisi asked and Vuyolwethu turned to him and, “ I found a plan of how we are going to catch that fool ”, he responded and all his friends paid attention to him. “ Look who is with Tshegofatso ”, he used his head to signal them and one by one they all turned to look and, “ Yeah ”.