Chapter 2

Savitar and Caitlin arrived at Star Labs to a buzzing excitement. As they entered, Iris came toward Caitlin and gave her a card.
"An invitation to your wedding? Iris, this is beautiful!" The two women shared a hug and after pulling apart, Iris asked her,
"I know it's a bit last minute and with everything you've been through....but I wanted to ask you if you'd be my maid of honor?"
"I-really?" Caitlin couldn't believe it.
"Of course! It's only felt right, after everything we've been through together."
"If you're sure, then of course!"
"Thank you! And you're invited too, Savitar," Iris tossed him a card which he swiftly caught.
"Uh, are you sure?"
Iris playfully rolled her eyes, "what is is with you two? You both have to be at the wedding! Stop doubting your self worth!" Savitar glanced over at Caitlin and she looked down as he caught her eye.

Iris believed that the Team needed a welcome party for Savitar and invited everyone to Jitters a few weeks later, and after everything they've been through, a party was something they deserved. It's what H.R would've wanted.
Savitar, however, felt very uncomfortable. Barry had taken the responsibility of buying a suit for him and they went to a nearby mall.
"How about that one?" Barry pointed at a suit on a mannequin.
"Um, sure."
They went into the store and Savitar came out of the change room almost a whole different person.
"You look good, I think this is the one."
Savitar  replied with an "okay," but secretly, he was excited about the party. After purchasing the outfit, Barry surprised him with a question.
"Why did you really get rid of your plans?"
"It's really none of your business," he snapped but after looking at Barry's facial expression, he sighed and apologized. In all honesty, Savitar didn't know what to say. Something about being back at Star Labs with his family well, former family, made him feel like it wasn't worth it.
"Hey, it's whatever," Barry shrugged.
"So, how's the marriage coming along?" Savitar tried to change the subject.
Barry noticed and smiled at how hard he was trying, "it's going well. We still have a month or so left, so."

The evening soon arrived and Savitar, who had no real home, changed in his former lair and decided to walk to the café. As he got there he recognized a small green-turquoise car and walked toward it.
"Cait?" She locked her car doors and turned around to see Savitar well cleaned up in a blue suit. Coincidentally she had a matching short blue and white dress.
"You-uh, you look good." Savitar stuttered, amazed and speechless at how beautiful she looked.
Caitlin blushed at his surprisingly kind words, but then quickly seemed to pull herself together.
"You don't look too bad yourself," she said softly.
They arrived to see CC Jitters which was completely transformed to a dance room. All the chairs and tables were gone and lights of every colour blinded them. The music was almost ear deafening and there was a huge banner that said, 'Welcome To The Team'.
"Woohoo! It's the man of the hour!" Iris, who seemed to have way too many drinks already, came dancing toward them.
"I didn't hic know you two were together!"
"I-we, we're not!" Caitlin said, almost too fast and Savitar nodded, although there was a sting in his chest.
Barry soon came rushing after Iris,
"Sorry about her," he shrugged apologetically.
Iris pouted and grabbed Caitlin's hand,
"C'mon, let's dance. This is gonna be so fun!"
Barry and Savitar watched hopelessly as the women went off.
After 3 or 4 shots of straight vodka, Caitlin let loose and seemed to be having the time of her life. She danced around with Iris giggling at nothing and for the first time in a long time, she wasn't worried about anything.
"I haven't seen you smile like this in so long!" Iris shouted over the loud music.
"Well, it is a party!" Caitlin shouted back and as the two were dancing, Savitar, Barry, and Cisco sat by a table, all with drink in hand.
"So how do you like the party?" Barry asked Savitar.
"Honestly, I'm surprised it's even a thing, the drinks make it easier though."
"It always does," Cisco commented.
"Hey, look. I'm sorry about, uh, kidnapping you and everything."
"Hey, man. It's no big deal. We all get kidnapped every other week."
Savitar smirked, but instead of saying anything snarky, he just nodded his head.
"Cisco!" They all turned around to the sound of Gypsy and Cisco ran off with his beloved. Meanwhile, Iris and Caitlin came to the table to ask the boys for a dance. Barry smiled and went off with Iris, hoping for a moment alone with his fiancée, but the situation for Savitar and Caitlin was a bit more awkward.
"I-I don't dance."
"Oh stop, please?" She stomped her foot on the ground, way too drunk. Savitar smiled and agreed to dance with her. After the small party was over, Savitar brought Caitlin back home to her bed.
"You don't have a place to sleep, do you?" She said swaying.
"I-no, I don't."
"Stay here, then."
"You're drunk. It wouldn't be right."
"Wow, look. When'd you become a hero, might mistaken you for the Barry, get it? Cause he's the Flash, but shhhh, that's a secret," she laughed, "I couldn't live with myself if I left you homeless, duh. There's something about you Savitar. I wouldn't mind you living here. With me."
Just as she finished the sentence she was about to fall to the floor, before he sped up to her and caught her.
Their faces were so close to each other, she could smell his cologne.
"Cait," he started in a soft, raspy voice, "you shouldn't be saying things like that."
She smiled at him and he guided her to her bed.
"I'll crash at the couch, thanks."
——————————————————————————————————————-