Chapter 6

The next day at Star Labs, Savitar explained to the team about Nicholas' plan on bringing back his wife. Caitlin took a day off to go meet her mom.
"Did he tell you how?" Joe asked.
"No, all he said was that he needed Cait."
"Savitar, did you tell Caitlin any of this? She sees this Nick guy as the only way to save Frost and herself."
"I know, Cisco, but I haven't had a chance to tell her," it was obvious that he didn't want to.
"I can tell her if you want to," Barry suggested.
"Tell who about what?" Caitlin walked into the cortex and evaluated everyone's serious expressions.
"Caitlin, heyy!" Iris said, "we thought you were with your mom?"
"I was," she sighed, "but she had an appointment that I guess was more important than me. Anyways, what're you guys talking about?"
Iris looked over to Savitar who looked to Barry.
Barry walked over to Caitlin and held her shoulder in comfort.
"Caitlin, us, Team Flash, we always try to see the good in people, it's what makes us heroes, but some people just can't be changed," Caitlin gently took Barry's hand off her shoulder.
"Barry, what are you saying? What is he saying?" She turned to find answers in Savitar, who sighed.
"Cait, Nicholas isn't who he said he was. He accidentally killed his wife using his powers and he wanted get rid of them, so he can resurrect her."
"What? I-he..."
"He needs you for the process," Cisco added in.
"Why me?"
"We don't know," Barry said softly.
Caitlin closed her eyes on thought back to when she was kidnapped. Nick told her how he could help her and Frost, but she was so gullible, she believed him without a doubt because of how desperate she was. She opened her eyes to look at Savitar once before she left the room.
Cisco went to go after her, but was interrupted by Savitar.
"Wait, she thinks better when she's alone, give her some time," Cisco smiled at him and sat back down in his seat.
"So, what're we gonna do about Nick?"
"Well, if what he said was right and his wife was frozen to death, CCPD must have a file. I'll go check it out," Joe said as he walked out.
"I'll come and help," Cisco called after him.
Savitar turned to Barry and Iris, "you guys should go do some wedding planning, I'll look after Nick."
"We can't leave, not with Caitlin like this," Iris said, worried for her friend.
"Guys, you only have a few weeks left, I'll call you if anything comes up, go."
Barry smiled, "thanks Savitar."
After looking all through Star Labs, Savitar found Caitlin at Jitters.
"Hey," he said, but she only nodded her head in return.
He slid onto a stool in front of her and a couple people walking by stared at his scar, yet he ignored them and turned to Caitlin.
"Look, I know how much you wanted him to help you."
"I don't think you understand. Put yourself in my shoes. You have this whole other person inside of you, but you can't help them because you can't talk to them. They just show up and leave. It's like I don't even know a part of who I am, but then a person who's just like me, who has everything under control comes into your life coincidentally. Maybe I'm desperate, but I really wanted him to be a good person."
"That's the thing, Cait. There was nothing coincidental about him meeting you."
"What does he want with me, Savitar? I can barely keep myself together and I don't know how my powers work."
"Why don't we go ask him?" He put a hand in front of her and after a second of hesitation she put her hand in his and smiled,
"I don't want to go to the lab right now, I want to go home."
He raised his eyebrows and she just smiled. After reaching Caitlin's house she unlocked the door, set her jacket down and turned to Savitar.
"Why are you all smiley?"
"I don't want you to move."
"What?"
She took out a key from her pocket,
"This is your home from now on too."
"Wow, Caitlin..."
"Stop. Don't thank me. I realized how hostile I was and I'm sorry about that. I want you here everyday."
He walked closer to her and held her face in his hands. They were so close to each other that their noses were almost touching.
"Cait, you really mean that?"
She didn't say anything; she just looked up into his eyes and pecked him on the lips.
"Does that answer..." but she couldn't finish, because he captured her lips in his and pushed her onto the couch.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this," he whispered low.
The kiss was hot, all the times they've wanted to touch one another came rushing up all at once and they couldn't keep their hands off. She slowly touched his scarred face, showing him it was okay to trust her. He started to kiss her down her neck and as she clutched his shirt,
"Savitar," she panted.
"Yeah,"
"The...phone. The phone. It's ringing."
"Then ignore it," he was right on top of her, smiling, but Caitlin wasn't irresponsible. She pushed him off of her and went to get the phone.
"Iris? What's up?......What?.....I'll be right there," she hung up the phone in worry.
"What's wrong?"
"Iris and Barry. I guess the wedding's got to them. They had an argument and she left the apartment."
"Shit, what're you going to do?"
"I'm gonna meet her at Jitters, and you are gonna talk to Barry."
"What? Why?"
"Because, Savitar!" She said as she packed her bag and fixed her make up and hair. "It's Barry and Iris. They saved us from being evil remember? We owe them and they're family. We also need to hear both sides of the story."
"Urgh, okay fine." They kissed each other goodbye and went they're separate ways to go save their friends' marriage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------