Part 1

It was a normal day in heaven, nothing was different as it always is, get up, get dressed, eat, read the papers etc nothing bad, nothing different. That's how heaven works, nothing ever changes, everything is in order and everything is good. But sometimes you crave something different, even as a angel you hope something new will happen, but it doesn't and it never will.

"Morning mark" my neighbour says as I grab the papers, they do it every morning like they should
"Morning" I grumble back, as one of the head angels you are expected to be nice and cheerful and make sure everyone's alright, it gets annoying sometimes.
"How did you sleep?" They tried to carry on the conversation
"Well, how did you sleep?" I try to smile at them but it comes out plasticky and fake so I stop,
"Good thank you, well, I better let you read" they walk back into their house and continue with there routine, except before I can walk into my house the bells go off, the bells mean that a head angel was needed in nubes arce which is Latin for cloud castle, each head angel had a specific bell that was rung to get one particular head, mine was going off.

I dropped my paper and stretched my wings out, and set off into the blue skies and landed and the gates of the castle and walked in. This was different, today I was getting that difference that I craved, it was most probably some bad job to do like fluffen the clouds in the meadow or make sure the sun is in the correct place but still changing my daily routine.

I open the door to the main hall and the woman at the desk pointed at the...Gods door!?
"Ahem- um are you sure that I'm going to see... um- God himself?" I ask panicked, this was no small job, this was big, if GOD wanted me something was up.
"I'm sure" she says and she snaps her fingers, transporting me to Gods door, I hate it when they do that.

The big doors open slowly in front of me, I straighten up and walk in, the desk in front of me was closer than I thought, normally important things are far away, like in movies. But anyway I sit at Gods desk and look at him in all his glory, his face was old yet young and his hair was golden grey. And it was at that moment i saw a reddish tail flip into my view from next to me. I follow the tail to look straight at... no... it can't be?
"This is Ethan, the runaway demon" God said