Chapter 2

{Anna's P.O.V}

5 Bootway

"Home sweet home" me and Gilly are coming up to our improved boot since the one we had grown up in was destroyed four years ago in the fight. We move to the back so they won't see us from the shoe shop if they're up early.

Gilly grabs the boot's key from her skirt pocket and puts it on the lock before turning it to open the door. She slowly opens the door and barely makes a sound. "Guess it's something you learn to do when you have to steal to support your family". I always hated when Gilly stole, but when she was sent to FTRS I guess I thought being the second oldest, I needed to support my family so I started to hang out with Hansel and Gretel who always stole candy and things they didn't need, which meant getting in trouble. We have both learned that it wasn't the best way to help our family. We now stay in FTRS while visiting our family almost whenever we want, being the heroes (well, Gilly anyway) but we still have to do our homework and assignments.

I look at the clock on the left wall. 6:45, mother and father should be starting to wake up by now to open the shop. The sound of footsteps on the second floor confirm my thoughts. My focus moves to Gilly who I can feel smiling even though her back is turned to me. She looks up before looking my way and signaling me to go to the kitchen. I knew what she was thinking and I smirked at her plan.

In our time at FTRS, I have grown to love being in the kitchen and making inventions of my own with food. Being my older sister, Gilly tells me I have a gift for it and will become the most famous chef but I don't think I'm that good. No matter how many times she says she isn't exaggerating. She's also told me I could probably be better than this Queen named Catherine who loved to bake more than anything and was the talk of Wonderland before an accident happened with a court joker and she stopped baking (A/N: If you have read Heartless by Marissa Meyer, you know who I'm talking about) but I've never heard of her.

After finding two pans, I set up the kitchen work space and go to the fridge and grab all the ingredients to make my favorite kind of omelette:

2 eggs for each person (16 total)

3 peppers (green, yellow, red)

3 medium mushrooms (I know how Han and Hamish hate them)

Butter

Cheese

Salt

Parsley

Chives

I whisk the eggs (four at a time for every two people) and Gilly starts setting the wooden round table in the middle of the dining room. I quickly finished five out of eight omelettes when I heard footsteps coming down. I look over at Gilly to find no trace from her, "Where is she?!" I scream-whisper to myself.

"Mom, dad! We have to show you something," says a familiar voice, Trixie.

"What are you doing up right now? You still had about thirty minutes," I recognize that as mother's voice.

Footsteps were heading back to the right of the boot which I recognized as Trixie's room. My attention then moved to three people giggling while walking down the stairs. "We bought you some time!" my 8-year-old brothers, Han and Hamish say with Gilly standing next to them.

-40 minutes later-

"This was a wonderful breakfast" exclaims father. We were washing the dishes when the cuckoo clock reminded me and Gilly that we had to get back before headmistress Flora gives us detention. We still need to work on the 4-year anniversary party from the first time she and her friends saved FTRS and Enchantasia. After saying our goodbyes, we went to where the Pegasus carriages were.

As we wait, I see a familiar blond-haired teenager breaking away from his sister and heading towards a jewelry shop. "I wonder what he-" I squeal on the inside (I'm sure Raz would too) and I gasp louder than I meant to, making my sister look at me with confusion. I smile innocently at her, I know she suspects something and won't let it go easily. It has been tough for her to trust me since I sided with Alva and Rumpelstiltskin but it's taken some time.

"Can I go check Ariel's Pearls? I'll be back before the carriage comes," she nods and I walk to the store where the prince had entered.