Chapter 3

{Jax's P.O.V}

I walk into Ariel's Pearls and my sight is immediately filled with all types of jewelry. Most of the stuff here is past what I could afford, so there aren't many options but it doesn't hurt to look. There are seven different sections:

Earrings          Combs           Watches          Tiaras          Rings          Bracelets          Necklaces

I'm definitely not buying her earrings, a comb, a watch, a tiara, or a ring... I blush at that last thought but I shake it out of my head. I start heading towards the Bracelets section. There is a sound behind me but when I turn around, I see no one there. I have a feeling I'm being followed but I might just be imagining stuff.

All the bracelets are either made of crystals, pearls, diamonds or gold. If they would have been for anyone else other than the girl stuck in his mind, they would think the jewelry is just very pretty. But not for her, she would think it was way too much for a shoemaker's daughter. "Maybe I'll check the necklaces before leaving, Raz must be waiting for me by the carria- wow," there was a simple chain with a small gemstone hanging from it that caught my attention. "This one," he whispered to himself and heard someone behind him squeal. I turned to see Gilly's sister, Anna.

"Sorry, didn't mean to spy on you," it sounded like she was sorry, but there was a smile forming from her lips saying otherwise. "So... whatya getting for her?" she asks expectantly with a grin.

I feel blush creeping up to my cheeks "G-getting so-something for w-who?" I'm usually really good at hiding my intentions but now I'm terrible at lying to anyone related to Gilly.

Anna nods in understanding "I see, you want it to be a surprise! Oooh! When will you give it to her?!" her voice got louder by the second and people started to stare. I laugh awkwardly. I can't help it, I laugh when I'm nervous.

"Anna?! The carriage is here, come on!" I'd recognize that voice anywhere, Gilly. My heart starts to beat faster at the sound of her voice. "Why am I acting all weird? Get it together Jax!"

"I don't think you should leave her waiting," I tell Anna, hoping she won't tell Gilly anything about the necklace. She groans in frustration and murmurs something I can't understand before leaving. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding and wait a few seconds to grab the necklace before going to pay for it. "I hope she likes it,"

Going outside, I see Raz looking for me. I told her I'd go to the Gnome-olia Bakery to get something for me to eat. I don't like lying to her but if I told her where I was going or who I was buying jewelry for, I'd never hear the end of it. Making sure she doesn't see me, I put the small box with the necklace inside a pocket of my navy jacket and sneak up on her.

As I was getting closer to Raz, I noticed she was talking to someone. A girl. No... two girls. "Tell me it's not her, tell me it's not her," I walk to my sister's right and find two other royals in front of her. "At least it's not her,"

"Hey, Jax! Look who I found, you remember Raina and Sasha don't you?" Raz turns to me slightly so she can see me. The girls had tiaras that told you they were royals as if the way they wore their elegant yet simple dresses didn't already give you a hint.

One of the princesses had long raven black hair and chocolate eyes that reminded me of Gilly. She was wearing what looks like an expensive wine, red dress that matched her red earrings and necklace. The other had a light, pink dress that contrasted well with her blue eyes and golden hair that was pulled into a fancy braid. She was holding a scroll on her left hand.