●17●

ACK'S POV
Brook and I had a beautiful evening: late in the afternoon we went downtown for a walk, we walked hand in hand the whole time, his hands were cold and mine warm, but afterwards his hand got warm thanks to the union of my warmth. We went to a little park with the lake, it was very romantic especially thanks to the sunset. Every now and then people, seeing us together or exchanging a few kisses on the lips, looked at us badly, but I don't give a damn what people think, I just want to be with my boyfriend and give him everything he needs . At around 8 Brook was hungry so we went to McDonald's. You had to see him while he ate, he kept getting dirty with the sauces and I had to clean him because he couldn't do it by himself, at one point, without his knowledge, I took half of the last chip he was eating, directly from his mouth and I left a kiss that he deepened. Every time I see him, with those two big eyes of his, I feel a flock of bees in my stomach, I know he's my boyfriend but he still gives me these feelings. When we finished eating, we did a few more visits to the last remaining shops and then went back to my house. Watched a movie and we fell asleep hugging, as always. In his arms I feel safe, I feel loved, he transmits to me that love that, following various problems with my parents, I never really received, but that's okay, because now he is in my life and I couldn't be more grateful.

BROOK'S POV
It's 12 o'clock and Jack and I are still in bed. He is sleeping and I am still hugging him as I stroke his hair. After nearly ten minutes a smile appears on his lips. I leave him many little kisses spread on his face and he takes me holding me tightly to him

"Good morning love"

"Good morning babe" he says with his voice still thick with sleep.

"Andy sent me a message and told me that ...."

"Go on" he says, widening his eyes.

"They kissed and now they're together"

"Yes! I knew it, they are too beautiful together"

"You're right" I get up to go to make breakfast.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me please"

"How dramatic we are today. I'm just going to make breakfast"

"I'll come too then" he gets up and without me having time to notice he takes me in his arms.

We prepare pancakes and two glasses of orange juice to drink. After eating we clean and then we go for a shower together.

"What day is today?" he asks with wide eyes.

"Friday, why?" I answer confused.

"Fuck! Today is my turn to go to the grocery" he throws himself on the bed more dramatically than an actor.

"Let's go together... " I say with a smile on my face.

"Sure?"

"Sure!"

He gets up and hugs me making me take my feet off the ground gives me a kiss on the neck and then takes my face with his hands and lowering himself gives me a kiss on the lips smiling at each pause.

***

"What should I take next?" I ask Jack who has the shopping list on his cell phone.

"Peach tea infusions"

"Okay then I'll go get those"

"Okay babe"

It takes me a while before I find the right department and I try to get them but I can't, as they were too high up. So I decide to go back to Jack and ask him for help.

"Jack, I can't take the tea" disco pouting and crossing his arms across his chest.

"Don't worry, I'll help you" he says leaving me a kiss on the fake pout that instantly turns into a smile.

"Ugh, I hate being short"

"It's something that makes me crazy about you. And then when I hug you you can feel my heart beating just for you"

"I love you" I say kissing him.

From a distance I see some guys who look at us badly but I don't give it much importance, it's certainly not the first time. We head towards the department where there is tea. I check the list to see what's missing when I feel someone pushing me from behind.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Jack yells turning and coming towards me to help me.

"Fagot" says one of the boys I had seen earlier.

"Homophobic asshole" Jack yells.

One of them begins to get angry and makes a sign to his friend, in less than twenty seconds they start kicking us all over the place, Jack manages to defend himself very well, after a while they leave but I can't react. I feel pain in every part of my body, I can't move. The pain only disappears when my eyes close letting me fall into a deep sleep.

JACK'S POV
I managed to defend myself but I couldn't the same to the person I love. I suck, I thought to myself and now Brook is in a hospital bed and still hasn't woken up. I've been holding his hand for hours now, I can't stop to cry. Seeing him like this hurts me more than any physical pain. I rest my head on the bed and let my thoughts take over and the tears fall like rivers on the bed where Brook lies.
After I don't know how long I feel the grip of the hand getting stronger. I look at Brooklyn and see him looking at me with a smile on his face.

"How do you feel love?" I slowly approach his face.

"I feel pain all over my body and head"

"I'll call a nurse for a check"

"Hi Brooklyn how are you feeling?" asks the nurse with a slight smile.

"I feel pain, a lot"

"Well after all the beating they've given you, feeling pain is the least. But luckily your friend managed to get you here" she says approaching him to check on him.

"He's actually my boyfriend" Brook smiles but she doesn't say anything.

"How soon will he be able to go home?"

"Since everything is under control for now, I would say that in about two hours you can go"

I immediately sling on his lips and leave him a kiss full of love, the nurse looks at us badly and then goes out. I look at Brooklyn and see him smile, despite everything they had done to him he smiles. This boy, my boy, is my strength, it is thanks to him that I can go on. He is everything to me and I couldn't defend him, I wasn't his safe place when those idiots hurt him.

Tears stream down my face and Brook's expression changes immediately.

"Hey don't cry. What's wrong baby?" Brook welcomes me in a hug.

"You mean everything to me and I couldn't defend you" my voice broken by tears makes my words almost incomprehensible.

"Love, listen to me well, you did what you could and it is absolutely not your fault that what happened has happened. I love you and I am proud to have a boy like you by my side. Please stop crying and smile, because I feel better like this "

"I love you"

"Do Andy and Rye know anything about what happened?"

"No I was so upset that I couldn't call them"

I just called Rye to tell him I was in the hospital with Brook and would explain what happened to them at home with Brook.

Finally after more than two hours they have discharged him and we are returning home.