19

One more week until the ball. I was really hoping I would be going with George, not Viktor, but I have to get over him. I already picked out my dress and everything.

I felt like a princess in it

I looked at the time and it was almost curfew. I ran out the library and headed for the dorm. I have literally 3 minutes to get to the other side of the school.

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT ABOUT HER!" I heard someone yell around the corner. "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO GO TO THE BALL WITH A GIRL LIKE HER!"

Turn around. I thought. Nothing good can come from walking in on a fight. Turn around and walk away. Despite wanting to walk away, something was drawing me towards the yelling.

I rounded the corner and saw all Viktor's friends watching as Viktor fought with some red haired guy. Some red haired guy. Oh no.

"I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT ABOUT HER! SHE'S A SLUT ANYWAY!" Viktor shouted.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" The red haired guy hit Viktor and stood up so I got a clear view of his face. "Josie?" George stood there stunned, not able to move, just looking into my eyes.

"Josie! He just attacked me!" Viktor cried running over to me. Something doesn't feel right. George would never just unprompted fight someone.

"George what happened?" I asked.

"He-" George started. "I got jealous that he was taking you to the Yule Ball." He said looking away, ashamed.

"What really happened? I heard you yelling about something. What happened?" I said leaving Viktor's side and walking towards George.

"What? He just confessed!" Viktor said.

"Viktor, I don't think we should go to the Ball together. Something happened here and George doesn't just attack people." I said.

"Fine! You're a whore anyway! The only reason I asked you was because I was hoping to get in your pants by the end of the night!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" George said going towards him, but I stepped in the way. I looked at the blood coming from his nose and eye brow, and a bruise already starting to form on his eye.

"Just ignore him. Come on." I grabbed his hand and walked towards the room of requirement. I grabbed a bowl of warm water and a cloth and sat down in front of George. "Why did you actually fight him?" I asked. He hesitated. "Just tell me, for Merlin's sake, George."

"I heard him talking about his plans and he called you a slut and a whore. I just couldn't let him talk about you like that." I started to wipe his cut on his eyebrow and he flinched.

"Why didn't you just tell me that at the beginning?"

"I didn't want to hurt you more than I already did." I touched his eyebrow again and he pulled back.

"I know it hurts, but you need to stay still." I told him. "Here. Squeeze my hand when it hurts." I put my hand in his and began to wipe off his cuts. Why do I do this to myself? He hurt me, and here I am, helping him, having him hold my hand. The pain and the love I have for him and from him are growing bigger and bigger.

"Thank you for defending me, but you can't go around fight people, even if it's to protect someone's honor." I said to him.

"I couldn't-" he stopped, "I know. I'm sorry."

"We are going to have to stay here tonight. Filch will see us trying to sneak back in." I told him.

There was a moment of silence between us.

"About what happened with Heather, I-" I cut him off.

"I don't think this is the time to talk about it George." I said calmly.

"Then when is a good time!? You don't want to see me! You won't talk to me!"

"Are you really blaming this on me George!? You kissed Heather a few hours after you kissed me! Am I just supposed to forgive you just like that!?"

"Just hear me out please!"

"Sure! Give me and excuse as to why you did it, then I'll forgive you and we can go back to the way it was! Like that makes it okay!"

"I was scared! I didn't want to hurt you!"

"Look how that turned out! And being scared doesn't change the fact that what you did was wrong!" I said tears in my eyes.

"Can we stop yelling at each other! I want to apologize! I want to talk this out with you! I want to work it out because I love you!" Holy shit.

"You- you what?" I said.

"I love you, okay. And I'm sorry, I really really am. I don't love Heather, I don't even like her! I can't live without you. And I know that what I did was wrong, and I'd be a lucky man if you forgave me, but I really want you to forgive me. I don't care how long it takes, I will apologize every day of my life if that's what it would take for you to forgive me. I just don't want to lose you." He cried.

I leaned and hugged him tight.

"I know I said I was wrong about how you would never lose me, but I'm promising again that you won't lose me. I would have eventually gotten over it, a lot sooner than I thought though. But I'm here to promise you that you won't lose me George. Never." I looked up and wiped his tears. "You okay?" I asked. He nodded his head and smiled. He leaned down and kissed me, but I pushed away.

"Shit!" He said. "I'm sorry, I thought that, I dunno, I just thought-"

"No, it's fine. I just- promise me that, that kiss with Heather, was nothing. Promise me it meant nothing to you. Promise me you don't have feelings for her."

"No! I don't have any feelings for her! Not even a tiny bit! And I'm sorry that I ever made you feel as though I didn't love you fully." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to my level. It's not that I'm super short, I'm 5'4, but he's really tall.

"So, got a date to the Yule Ball?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with Fred." I laughed.

"You should go with the better looking twin." He smiled.

"Gladly." I smiled and pulled him into a kiss.